Mac and GP32

JAS

Still Fresh
Hello,

I'm using a mac with OS 10.2.4 and OS 9 - I want to develop games for the GP32, but I just want to know if anyone has had any luck connecting the GP32 and the mac?

I have yet to order the GP32, but am planning to within the next few weeks.

I saw that there is a maclink program, but it says that it's only functioning under OS 10.1 and not 10.2. However, I also saw that there is a firmware update that can fix this supposedly? I just want to know for sure what this is going to be like (a pain or not) before I order the GP32.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

GP32 is actually the only handheld you can dev without major pain on a modern Power Mac (GBA USB flasher support is on its way though... :) In case of 10.2.x OSX and if you want to use MacLink then you need to reflash your GP32 BIOS. But if you are afraid of flashing just get a decent SMC reader/writer and use it instead of MacLink. Well having a SMC reader/writer is a good thing anyway :) So far the dev tools support is pretty ok for Mac. Though 100% of Mac dev tools originate from the same source and are meant to be used either from terminal or makefiles. The gcc is a bit oldish (3.0.2) and no .ZPK support in MacLink.. but everything else you need to do real deving is there. /mr.spiv

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to email the programmer of maclink and see what's up with that.

Here's an idea - tell me if it'll work... I have a digital camera that uses smc's . It loads them as a harddrive when I plug it in - could I just dump the files in there and then put the card into the GP32? I thought I should ask and see if maybe it'll work...

Also, does the GP32 come with any blank smc.s??

Back