M.a.m.e. High Score Thread


colt chillin'

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
104
skaboy posted on May 2 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
colt chillin posted on Apr 29 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
skaboy posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:20 PM said:
Bombjack on GP2X MAME: 989'000

Can I be added or do you require proof?
wow! how did you manage that with the gp2x stick?
I've got a replacement stick: Dave C's Get a Grip. It really helped, as with the standard GP2X stick, my high score was nearer 200k.

When I got my 989'000 score on Bombjack, I finished levels 1-9 perfectly: all 23 bombs for 50'000 point bonuses. On subsequent levels, I sometimes just clear the bombs with no concern for getting them in order as it's too hard to do so. I think I finished on about level 23.

The really annoying thing is that I accidentally collected an "S" coin, making me "lucy" and taking me straight to the next level. I missed out on the bonus for whatever round that was and had I not done so, would've achieved my elusive 1 million points.

Right now I'm averaging 6-700'000 points but when I beat my personal best, I'll post a screenshot.
ok good to hear, my personal hi with the standard stick is like 300 somethin' k, back in the day (on the cabinet) it was more like your personal hi sometimes above 1000 k.

you might already know, but this dude ---> http://www.bombjack.org/
played for like 23 hours in a row and managed to get 99.999.990 in 2.337 rounds!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

skaboy

Still Fresh
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
82
colt chillin posted on May 2 2006 at 01:22 PM said:
skaboy posted on May 2 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
colt chillin posted on Apr 29 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
skaboy posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:20 PM said:
Bombjack on GP2X MAME: 989'000

Can I be added or do you require proof?
wow! how did you manage that with the gp2x stick?
I've got a replacement stick: Dave C's Get a Grip. It really helped, as with the standard GP2X stick, my high score was nearer 200k.

When I got my 989'000 score on Bombjack, I finished levels 1-9 perfectly: all 23 bombs for 50'000 point bonuses. On subsequent levels, I sometimes just clear the bombs with no concern for getting them in order as it's too hard to do so. I think I finished on about level 23.

The really annoying thing is that I accidentally collected an "S" coin, making me "lucy" and taking me straight to the next level. I missed out on the bonus for whatever round that was and had I not done so, would've achieved my elusive 1 million points.

Right now I'm averaging 6-700'000 points but when I beat my personal best, I'll post a screenshot.
ok good to hear, my personal hi with the standard stick is like 300 somethin' k, back in the day (on the cabinet) it was more like your personal hi sometimes above 1000 k.

you might already know, but this dude ---> http://www.bombjack.org/
played for like 23 hours in a row and managed to get 99.999.990 in 2.337 rounds!!!
Ah, the nostalgia!

Me and a mate used to play on a Bombjack table unit in the early '90s and both constantly battled to be the first to score 1'000'000 points. He managed it once but my best on the original arcade was 981'000. My 989'000 posted here is a personal best then but you can see why I'm on a quest for 1'000'000? It's been almost twenty years of playing!

When we first started playing, my mate and I just used to zoom around collecting all the bombs. We'd get to level ten, say and be pleased with our scores of 10-20'000. Then we noticed in the high scores tables that people were scoring hundreds of thousands of points on the same levels as us. We were fortunate enough to witness a couple of "players" in the pub one night, who told us about the bonuses every 5000 points, the "P" disks changing colours and that the bombs need to be collected in order. After that, me and my mate set off on our quest; a quest which for me continues.

We witnessed those two "players" score 3 and 5 million points respectively, the latter taking about six hours. To my knowledge, the official high score for Bombjack is 20'010'960, set by Giauco Bondavalli, way back in 1984. This is recorded at Twin Galaxies, the "Official" arcade and pinball high score resource: http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=2...&gi=3662&vi=667
 
Last edited by a moderator:

colt chillin'

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
104
skaboy posted on May 2 2006 at 02:52 PM said:
colt chillin posted on May 2 2006 at 01:22 PM said:
skaboy posted on May 2 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
colt chillin posted on Apr 29 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
skaboy posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:20 PM said:
Bombjack on GP2X MAME: 989'000

Can I be added or do you require proof?
wow! how did you manage that with the gp2x stick?
I've got a replacement stick: Dave C's Get a Grip. It really helped, as with the standard GP2X stick, my high score was nearer 200k.

When I got my 989'000 score on Bombjack, I finished levels 1-9 perfectly: all 23 bombs for 50'000 point bonuses. On subsequent levels, I sometimes just clear the bombs with no concern for getting them in order as it's too hard to do so. I think I finished on about level 23.

The really annoying thing is that I accidentally collected an "S" coin, making me "lucy" and taking me straight to the next level. I missed out on the bonus for whatever round that was and had I not done so, would've achieved my elusive 1 million points.

Right now I'm averaging 6-700'000 points but when I beat my personal best, I'll post a screenshot.
ok good to hear, my personal hi with the standard stick is like 300 somethin' k, back in the day (on the cabinet) it was more like your personal hi sometimes above 1000 k.

you might already know, but this dude ---> http://www.bombjack.org/
played for like 23 hours in a row and managed to get 99.999.990 in 2.337 rounds!!!
Ah, the nostalgia!

Me and a mate used to play on a Bombjack table unit in the early '90s and both constantly battled to be the first to score 1'000'000 points. He managed it once but my best on the original arcade was 981'000. My 989'000 posted here is a personal best then but you can see why I'm on a quest for 1'000'000? It's been almost twenty years of playing!

When we first started playing, my mate and I just used to zoom around collecting all the bombs. We'd get to level ten, say and be pleased with our scores of 10-20'000. Then we noticed in the high scores tables that people were scoring hundreds of thousands of points on the same levels as us. We were fortunate enough to witness a couple of "players" in the pub one night, who told us about the bonuses every 5000 points, the "P" disks changing colours and that the bombs need to be collected in order. After that, me and my mate set off on our quest; a quest which for me continues.

We witnessed those two "players" score 3 and 5 million points respectively, the latter taking about six hours. To my knowledge, the official high score for Bombjack is 20'010'960, set by Giauco Bondavalli, way back in 1984. This is recorded at Twin Galaxies, the "Official" arcade and pinball high score resource: http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=2...&gi=3662&vi=667
bj till the early 90's? damn! we had one at the cafeteria only for like a year, 84 till 85 or so, and one at the arcade which was impossible to play cause it was set TOO damn difficult.
yeah i recall findin' out about all the 'secrets' as well! we had this bj posse, we would exchange tricks etc hehehe, collectin' strictly firebombs realy upped our game.
also recall the dissapointment when i first loaded the c-64 version and it was just plain crap compared to the original. or this UGLY bj graffiti i did on my school...
but 20 yrs to get 1 mil? maybe ours at the cafeteria was just set TOO easy cause if i recall it correctly it took us just a couple of months before we reached 600k and up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

skaboy

Still Fresh
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
82
colt chillin posted on May 2 2006 at 08:55 PM said:
skaboy posted on May 2 2006 at 02:52 PM said:
colt chillin posted on May 2 2006 at 01:22 PM said:
skaboy posted on May 2 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
colt chillin posted on Apr 29 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
skaboy posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:20 PM said:
Bombjack on GP2X MAME: 989'000

Can I be added or do you require proof?
wow! how did you manage that with the gp2x stick?
I've got a replacement stick: Dave C's Get a Grip. It really helped, as with the standard GP2X stick, my high score was nearer 200k.

When I got my 989'000 score on Bombjack, I finished levels 1-9 perfectly: all 23 bombs for 50'000 point bonuses. On subsequent levels, I sometimes just clear the bombs with no concern for getting them in order as it's too hard to do so. I think I finished on about level 23.

The really annoying thing is that I accidentally collected an "S" coin, making me "lucy" and taking me straight to the next level. I missed out on the bonus for whatever round that was and had I not done so, would've achieved my elusive 1 million points.

Right now I'm averaging 6-700'000 points but when I beat my personal best, I'll post a screenshot.
ok good to hear, my personal hi with the standard stick is like 300 somethin' k, back in the day (on the cabinet) it was more like your personal hi sometimes above 1000 k.

you might already know, but this dude ---> http://www.bombjack.org/
played for like 23 hours in a row and managed to get 99.999.990 in 2.337 rounds!!!
Ah, the nostalgia!

Me and a mate used to play on a Bombjack table unit in the early '90s and both constantly battled to be the first to score 1'000'000 points. He managed it once but my best on the original arcade was 981'000. My 989'000 posted here is a personal best then but you can see why I'm on a quest for 1'000'000? It's been almost twenty years of playing!

When we first started playing, my mate and I just used to zoom around collecting all the bombs. We'd get to level ten, say and be pleased with our scores of 10-20'000. Then we noticed in the high scores tables that people were scoring hundreds of thousands of points on the same levels as us. We were fortunate enough to witness a couple of "players" in the pub one night, who told us about the bonuses every 5000 points, the "P" disks changing colours and that the bombs need to be collected in order. After that, me and my mate set off on our quest; a quest which for me continues.

We witnessed those two "players" score 3 and 5 million points respectively, the latter taking about six hours. To my knowledge, the official high score for Bombjack is 20'010'960, set by Giauco Bondavalli, way back in 1984. This is recorded at Twin Galaxies, the "Official" arcade and pinball high score resource: http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=2...&gi=3662&vi=667
bj till the early 90's? damn! we had one at the cafeteria only for like a year, 84 till 85 or so, and one at the arcade which was impossible to play cause it was set TOO damn difficult.
yeah i recall findin' out about all the 'secrets' as well! we had this bj posse, we would exchange tricks etc hehehe, collectin' strictly firebombs realy upped our game.
also recall the dissapointment when i first loaded the c-64 version and it was just plain crap compared to the original. or this UGLY bj graffiti i did on my school...
but 20 yrs to get 1 mil? maybe ours at the cafeteria was just set TOO easy cause if i recall it correctly it took us just a couple of months before we reached 600k and up.
Yes, I remember the C64 attempt and the Amiga one for that: both simply lacked the dynamics of the original and weren't playable as such.

I've not been playing for 20 years constantly in my quest to reach 1'000'000 points :rolleyes: I played maybe once a week for a couple of hours for a year, way back when and have only been playing for a few weeks since getting MAME for my GP.


DaviL posted on May 2 2006 at 05:29 PM said:
Download the bombjack inp from here.
http://www.aiva.emuita.it/forum/index.php?showtopic=92
A friend of my score 21.606.750 and 7 hours (he stop play because he was tired..)
Blimey! I'm impressed!

And he'd have scored more, were it not for stopping through tiredness! Oh for a pause function on the old arcade games.

I have a long way to go...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DaviL

Still Fresh
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
57
Location
Ghost World (Italy)
Website
utenti.lycos.it
>Blimey! I'm impressed!

And he'd have scored more, were it not for stopping through tiredness! Oh for a
pause function on the old arcade games.

I have a long way to go...

He use Wolfmame, that is a secure version of mame that all great players use to make records like in an arcade cabinet: no pause, no save state and no cheat available.
I know personally this player, he lost some lives just to go to toilet...then after 21M he stop play cause he was tired.
 

skaboy

Still Fresh
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
82
I DID IT!!!!!

1'108'450 on Bombjack!

A lifetime's aim achieved! I'll even have to change my sig now!

Telcolou: I'm at work, so don't have a camera and can't therefore post the screenshot I promised. Seeing as the Bombjack high score is mine anyway, I'll only be beating my own record. Please, please, please add this new one.
 

DaviL

Still Fresh
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
57
Location
Ghost World (Italy)
Website
utenti.lycos.it
I try wonderboy today after long time.
I score 270880 eh eh.
I only want joyrider to play again...I hate this tittle, but on gp2x is very nice to play it, the control are perfect and video is better then PC1!!

P.s.
to see a score only need to enclose wboy.Hi files I think
 
T

TelcoLou

Guest
Updated! Thanks :)

(And congrats to skaboy for the first 1 Million+ High Score!)
 

Damume

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
41
Location
U.K
Website
Visit site
I see joyrider and DaviL have thrown down the gauntlet for Wonderboy :D (good scores chaps) Just ordered my replacement joystick cap tonight so when i get that on i will try again B)
 

Damume

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
41
Location
U.K
Website
Visit site
Black Tiger 218,300 - Got to the level 4 boss with 4 lives in tact then got completely wasted :angry:

The new joystick cap is a massive improvement over the other one in my opinion but down-right seems very easy to catch when wanting down which definitely makes Klax a bit more difficult

Still way behind on Wonderboy
 
T

TelcoLou

Guest
Finn posted on May 6 2006 at 12:32 PM said:
Super Pang 191.550 (Level 28)
Damn you!!! :lol: :lol:

Also, new score for me;

Time Pilot - 136,200

Damume Posted Yesterday, 04:49 AM
Black Tiger 218,300 -
Updated. Thanks :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
T

TelcoLou

Guest
Finn posted on May 9 2006 at 02:19 PM said:
Super Pang 255.950 (Level 28)
I hate you. :angry:

( ;) )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top