Luckiest GP32 Owner Ever

heh heh heh heh heh wheeeeeeeee
this was an interesting change in subject matter tho, instead of people ratting it out...

thx man :D

Hey Calintz, just wondering, what is that a pic of in your sig?? Is it an anime? or an animated illustration?

Ok, maybe it is a little sarcastic, or maybe it's my way of saying that to date, I've been extremely happy with my GP32, and don't really understand where all these posts with people's problems are coming from. It seems like every day there's a new post of "OMG MY MAILMAN DID NOT BRING0RX MY GP32 THAT SUXXXXX" and it's like ... shit man, you're ordering a piece of electronics from like 10,000 miles away, damn, give it a couple of days to get there, ya know? Same with all these "I don't like my gp32 cuz it's too hard to register and it hurt my wittle bitty bwain" ... I just didn't find registering my gp32 to be some huge, insurmountable obstacle. I plugged it in, followed the instructions, and all worked great.

It must just be me being cranky right now.

Actually I agree with you Flack ..unfortunately all those posts of annoying whiners have kept me from visiting any GP32 boards as often as i used to :( .. I mean for a while I can understand they are having problems that need to be solved. But constantly repeated same problems is just too much ... they need to check and read (perhaps "Search") the boards before they post :)

is it really that uncommon to own a gp32 and have no problems with it? I have had no problems at all with mine as far as registering uploading files and no hardware defects / falure. I didn't think this type of thing was really that big of a deal.

With more users comes more stupid people (too lazy to quote)

Just like at the gba scene, there's people complaining about their gba, look at some of the gba message boards out their, you always see things like this

"My gba won't play mario 3"
"thats because it doesn't play nes games"
"oh thanks that fixed my problem"

or sometimes you see
"my gba won't play castlevania"
"that's because you have to put it in the cartridge slot, and not the battery compartment"
"oh thanks, but it's still not working, the power light is dark red when I turn it on, then it shuts off after awhile"
"try putting new batteries in"

kitsune : what happened prior to three weeks >.<

and wow.. er wonderful days animated movie... hate the voice in one the trailers.. it scares me

I agree with Flack, but remember guys that when you wait for your console for so long (not all of us are lucky enough to be able to see it, buy it and get it in 3 days) and it arrives and something horrible is wrong, it IS very disapointing, even to me and im 25.

But your right that a lot of these posts recently complaining (sometimes abusively) is uncalled for cause most of these new ones these days have been seen and solved before, they GP isnt just plug and play and thats where most problems start and folk think there broken... almost did it myself when i installed the same freelauncher on 2 machine and one didnt work back in my n00b days :)

maybe alongside Rico's sticky n00b thing we should put fixes to these common problems????

p.s. im as happy as Flack with mine, but im luckier, mine came in less than 16 hours after ordering :p :D

I've tried to keep troubleshooting out of the FAQ, and deal with that on a case-by-case basis ... but if anybody starts a topic with 'common problems', I'll sticky it.

- Rico

I fully agree with Flack, I have had no problems with my GP32 and love it to bits, im still a n00b though (Check my post number) - the emus are a bit flaky at times, but that can be expected as they are still very low in version numbers (if you see what I mean) as the emus mature they will become much better.

<Soapbox>
The only people who are having problems are those who are impatient, those who are incapable of reading a FAQ, and those who want everything free, right now this second, and not have any problems with it.
</Soapbox>

(Nice silent bob avatar too Flack (Snoogans) :) )

To me the 'fooling around' bit was what attrackted me to the GP32.

I am not much of a player on the GP32. If I want to play games I prefer 'modern' games on PS2,XBOX or GC.
If I feel like playing SNES or PCEngine or whatever games I dust off my SNES or PCEngine or whatever.

But what I like about the GP32... :D
Downloading stuff, trying out new things, re-ripping MP3s finding the right balance between quality and size,
re-encoding movie files again finding the right balance between quality and size, seeing what does/doesn't work, trying to get things to work, waiting for that new release of something that might fix something.

To me it's the discovery and exploration that's fun and exciting and on the GP32 there is a lot to discover and explore. Once everything works perfectly I get bored and want something new. <_<

I also am an incredibley lucky GP32 owner, not only did i not have to ponce around setting up the freeloader all i had to do was register it and download the authorisation wizard and drivers. Buying it used after someone got bored of it in 2 days rocks :)

I also agree with Flack, if you've got a minor problem try to fix it yourself or use the Search button to search previous topics. If its serious then post here and we try to help but with every n00b post a serious post goes unchecked

VirtuaLeech posted on May 28 2003 said:
To me the 'fooling around' bit was what attrackted me to the GP32.

I am not much of a player on the GP32. If I want to play games I prefer 'modern' games on PS2,XBOX or GC.
If I feel like playing SNES or PCEngine or whatever games I dust off my SNES or PCEngine or whatever.

But what I like about the GP32... :D
Downloading stuff, trying out new things, re-ripping MP3s finding the right balance between quality and size,
re-encoding movie files again finding the right balance between quality and size, seeing what does/doesn't work, trying to get things to work, waiting for that new release of something that might fix something.

To me it's the discovery and exploration that's fun and exciting and on the GP32 there is a lot to discover and explore. Once everything works perfectly I get bored and want something new. <_<
sounds like you could have a good future as a cumputer troubleshooter to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
kill me2 posted on May 27 2003 said:
YOU LUCKY!?!?!

I am lucky, because when my black gp32 came, it had a used 16mb SMC card inside the unit!
HA! But strange
You've got that?
That SMC is for firmware upgrading (korean version into English version).
Entware lost that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear kill 2me.

You've got that SMC?
I lost that.
It's smc for firmware upgrade. (Korean version to English version)
- Entware -

I had no probs either w/ getting it running, but I do have lots of programming probs :) But of course I am luckier than you are, because I flashed it and it is better than it was :p

Back