Lost Usb And No Free Launcher :-(

spaceboygp32x

HAVE I NO HOPE??? :(

i thought a card reader would sort it - but i formatted the smc and lost the free launcher :-(

anyone know of any solution?

there must be a way

space :angry:

setup the blank smc yourself with your card reader, just create all the folders yourself and then transfer the files, its easier to format the card with pc link, but if you don't have a choice then you can just manually do everything.

KickinWing posted on Feb 3 2005 at 08:12 PM said:
setup the blank smc yourself with your card reader, just create all the folders yourself and then transfer the files, its easier to format the card with pc link, but if you don't have a choice then you can just manually do everything.

no - i have a formatted card now - with the right folders and everything

but I have no copy of my freelauncher file (its not on my pc) and i cant log onto gp32.com to get it back!! as i have no usb cable

its my understanding that it has to be incripted for the FLU (my gp) its ok if you have a BLU as they dont need the free launcher!

j

Last edited by a moderator:
what happens when you boot up the gp32? What does it boot up to. Couldn't PAC ROM or another firmware be copied to the SMC via card reader that could be used to run other programs

KickinWing posted on Feb 3 2005 at 08:53 PM said:
what happens when you boot up the gp32?  What does it boot up to.  Couldn't PAC ROM or another firmware be copied to the SMC via card reader that could be used to run other programs

boots to the standard orig menu... (its a non lit gp32) it reads mp3 from my cart - the missing free luancher means i only get mp3 no open source software or EMU

if i cant run .fxe how do I flash it ?

I have no idea how to flash the firmware from an smc reader

you will only be able to run the flashing program by using free launcher.

have you checked gp32eu.com? by using that and irc you should be able to get your freelauncher properly encoded, check the f.a.q. on the front page.

it's not possible, it might be possible to download Aquafishes multifirmware, an old version, because i'm not sure about the new version. I use Aquafish version 1. something so it's really old, but it had the option to make a boot.ini file that went into gpsys. when the gp32 booted up it read from the boot.ini file. If you put some fxe's on your smc via smart rearder, you can use the program with Aquafishes firmware to make the boot.ini folder make any fxe program available to boot directly to. That might help, if not, use the method described by Greven to reinstall free launcher, i'm out of ideas.

He has no usb cord so authentication is out of the question.. there is a 'cracked' version of Free launcher laying around somewhere but not sure where....

1. You can authentificate using IRC, without any cable. Check the FAQ as stated above.

2. You can logon at GamePark and redownload the Freelauncher. You only need the USB cable THE FIRST TIME YOU AUTHENTIFICATE! After that, you can login with your account data and don't need the GP32 anymore.
I bought all my commercial games without the USB cable. Just used it once for setting up my acount.

trooper posted on Feb 3 2005 at 10:54 PM said:
If you downloaded it once already, Shouldn`t it still be on your hard drive. ;)

Or was it your hard drive you formated. :blink:

Trooper

no its not on my HDD anymore - I cant have backed up :(

cant find the faq on gp32eu - but found this here

http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/gp32emu/faq/settingup.htm

Black dragon: i still dont understand how i can get an encryted free launcher without using the usb to get my PDUID to put into the IRC request...

and when I log into my account in the GP32.com it says that i must register my system again???

also the hacked version requires a similar procedure i think - usb link then encription

thanks for all your help guys - but i cant see how i can do anything about this without the usb cable.

gamepark should not make things this difficult

space

:(

spaceboygp32x posted on Feb 4 2005 at 01:07 AM said:

That's why they changed that a year ago ;)

The hacked version doesn't need an USB cable.
And it's weird that GamePark tells you to register again... strange...

You wouldn't need an USB cable to get your PDUID - but AFAIR IRC bot
has been shut down - so it doesn't work anymore ... or was it just temporary?

Last edited:
I don't know why nobody has mentioned this, but if you've used Windows to format your SMC with, it have probably formated the SMC as FAT32 which is not compatible with the GP32.

I know that doesn't answer your freelauncher problem... but now your prepared for the next problem ;)

EvilDragon posted on Feb 3 2005 at 11:28 PM said:

ok so the question i need to ask is

a. how do i get my pduid without the usb cable (is at keypress job)?

b. where is the hacked version of the free launcher? ive found a link in another thread to the archive section that evildragon made - but its dead :(

my smc was formatted with smc recover so its fine ! - i just forgot to copy the free launcher off my card before i did it !

thanks for being patient with me!

and thank agian for your help guys -

J

spaceboygp32x posted on Feb 4 2005 at 10:24 AM said:

b. where is the hacked version of the free launcher? ive found a link in another thread to the archive section that evildragon made - but its dead :(

my smc was formatted with smc recover so its fine ! - i just forgot to copy the free launcher off my card before i did it !

J

a. Whoops, I THOUGHT it is shown with the LRRLRRLL keypresses sequence... but it doesn't look like it... sorry.

b. It's been removed on request, as there were some non-public files needed for this. You could ask Drumaster, he sent it to me.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Feb 4 2005 at 09:46 AM said:
spaceboygp32x posted on Feb 4 2005 at 10:24 AM said:

J

a. Whoops, I THOUGHT it is shown with the LRRLRRLL keypresses sequence... but it doesn't look like it... sorry.

b. It's been removed on request, as there were some non-public files needed for this. You could ask Drumaster, he sent it to me.

no worries thnx for all your help

think ill leave a message asking for a spare or a lend of a usb cable (someone in the uk must have one) once i have the free launcher again i can send it back!!

and ill ask drumaster to send me a copy and try and use the generic code that alot of systems of this age seem to have!

thanks again evil dragon!

Back