Looking For An Mp3 Player

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
I'm looking for an mp3 player and am willing to negotiate either USD payment or a trade (or a combination).

EDIT: The other mp3 player that caught my eye was the cowon iAudio X5L

The mp3 player I am specifically interested in is the sandisc sans e270 6gb. However, if you have a different mp3 player and are willing to trade/sell it at a reasonable rate I will consider it.

Features that are important to me:
MP3 playback :p (OGG and FLAC are good additions, but not needed)
Good battery life/user-replacable battery
Good user interface
FM Radio (not necessary, but would be great)
Capacity of at least 2GB, preferably 4GB or higher (flash memory is a plus but not required)
Automatically sorts music by ID3 tags
Can connect as a mass storage device without special drivers (must support linux)
Must include cables necessary to connect it to a computer via USB and a method to charge it

For trade I have:

GP32 NLU - spray-painted black and with a failed light-up button mod (not noticable except that start/select are slightly difficult to press). The black has come off in areas and it can run at up to 166mhz in most programs stable. It includes a 128MB SMC card filled with stuff and has a glass screen installed. It has been flashed with slubmans firmware.

Tons of PS2 games
Tons of GBA games (most with their original boxes, manuals, and other packaging)
9 DS games
A few GC games

(if you would like me to list these, I can)

I will try to check this thread regularily, but I may miss something or forget about it. If you have any questions or offers, please PM me. I can take pictures of items if you would like. I am also willing to sell any of the items mentioned.

Thanks,
-Ben

EDIT: I just purchased a cowon iAudio X5L so I don't think I'll be needing this anymore. I'm still willing to sell/trade these items, but it may be better for a mod to just delete this thread...

For the sake of recycling, I will use this old thread. I am also looking for an mp3 player with most if not all of the same features as deadlychicken22. My only requirement aside from what is listed is that it must support playlists and the battery must charge off USB or a wall jack. Thanks.

Thanks for the link man but that player is more than $300. That is well above my budget. I was hoping to get something used from the members here. Hopefully, at a reasonable price. Thanks for the interest though.

coltxL2717 posted on Aug 16 2006 at 01:35 AM said:
Thanks for the link man but that player is more than $300. That is well above my budget. I was hoping to get something used from the members here. Hopefully, at a reasonable price. Thanks for the interest though.
You mispelled Los Angeles. And I am assuming that you are from Los Angeles. ;) I was going to make a joke about procreation and how you spelled it "Los Angles", but I will hold back...........this time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
@coltxL2717

Try finding a used Creative Zen Micro... I love mine too much to sell it right now, but it has been superceded by the Creative zen-Microphoto, so you may be able to get one cheap. It fits everything you want (charge through USB, replaceable battery, etc)

OMars posted on Aug 20 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
Get the iAudio G3, I just ordered one, the reviews for it are amazing guys! :D
I own one! And it is amazing! I get at least 5 days of HEAVY use with the screen PERMANENTLY on and on a loud volume, all with a single damn AA battery. It is the best mp3 player I've ever had/played with/seen/been around, at least for my needs and how I use it. Plus the gray screen gives it 100% sunlight visibility. The only problem is that it's kinda expensive. Still worth every penny though! The included buds are actually quite good too.

iignotus posted on Aug 20 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
OMars posted on Aug 20 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
Get the iAudio G3, I just ordered one, the reviews for it are amazing guys! :D
I own one! And it is amazing! I get at least 5 days of HEAVY use with the screen PERMANENTLY on and on a loud volume, all with a single damn AA battery. It is the best mp3 player I've ever had/played with/seen/been around, at least for my needs and how I use it. Plus the gray screen gives it 100% sunlight visibility. The only problem is that it's kinda expensive. Still worth every penny though! The included buds are actually quite good too.
Can't wait till it arrives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm going to do battery life tests with it...i only need to listen to it for a little over an hour a day.

Back