Looking For An Image Viewer Software

Awakening

Website
www.digitalawakening.se
I hate the built in image viewer of Windows 7, I'm looking for an alternative that is free and can do the following things:

Fullscreen support
Navigate through images in a folder with the keyboard (like space for next image etc)
Fast and smooth scrolling with the arrow keys
Zoom in and out with the keyboard
Keeping zoom when switching image

Awakening said:
I hate the built in image viewer of Windows 7, I'm looking for an alternative that is free and can do the following things:

Fullscreen support
Navigate through images in a folder with the keyboard (like space for next image etc)

Picasa is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awakening said:

Fullscreen support

You're looking for irfanview, only I'm not sure about that last one there.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
I'm using Gwenview, and I've heard that Irfanview is a lot like Gwenview, and Gwenview is awesome, so +1.

dflemstr said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
I'm using Gwenview, and I've heard that Irfanview is a lot like Gwenview, and Gwenview is awesome, so +1.

Well I've never used gwenview, so I can't compare. Though I do know that irfanview has every possible viewing option I could ever think of.

Gwenview actually views videos as well, like FLV, because it uses Phonon, and it has a file manager sort of built into the window, with thumbnails. I can't remember what Ifranview has for file manager type views.

See, irfanview is supposed to be really small and run well on a default Windows install, but Gwenview expects to be run with Qt and KDE installed, so it's much more full-featured.

But you're in Windows. so get IrfanView.

lulzfish said:
Gwenview actually views videos as well, like FLV, because it uses Phonon, and it has a file manager sort of built into the window, with thumbnails. I can't remember what Ifranview has for file manager type views.

See, irfanview is supposed to be really small and run well on a default Windows install, but Gwenview expects to be run with Qt and KDE installed, so it's much more full-featured.

But you're in Windows. so get IrfanView.

Irfanview has a "thumbnail viewer" which I just casually throw away the icon for, since I don't use it. It's supposedly really good though.

Back