-Zynaddsubfx instrument

-Jack support

-Ogg Vorbis support

-SDL support

-Soundfont2 via Fluidsynth

-Steve Harris plugins

-tom's audio plugins

Not compiled:

-CALF plugins (need more than simple porting)

-Pulseaudio/portaudio (not needed backends)

-stk/mallets instrument (stk was confusing to set up)

-vst support (yeah right, we're running ARM)

-partial (native?) VST (don't think there's many ARM VSTs out there, but can be enabled if so.)

-winMM (doesn't make sense on this platform)

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=lmms-lmms-32513

Enjoy use LMMS on your Pandora, but don't let it eat too many samples!

found that using beat/bassline editor (using default sounds) allows more tracks to be used before sound starts breaking up as opposed to trying to use instruments in song editor.

anyone else find this?

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you create anything if you don't have a MIDI device connected to the Pandora? Is there some sort of "virtual keyboard" mode... heck, maybe something with the Pandora's keyboard?

Also, anyone have some more tips on keeping CPU usage low? I notice that even loading some of the included demo songs is too much for it to keep up with, even overclocked to 870Mhz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if there is much that can be done about it using resources, but I do know if you have an instrument panel up, you can use the pandora keyboard as the "midi controller".

I've issued an update to this finally, almost a year after I originally compiled this. I had lost the original VM with it on, so I had to start from square one again. (also, the app id changed due to this. I've disabled the old one on the repo)

The update is on the repo.

Since I've recently been trying to get audio apps onto the Pandora, I find it funny loading some samples to test things worked, LMMS might still be more performant than either musescore or aria. It's the only one that did minimal stutter on my test midi file when clocked at 800 mhz. Guess I figured the others, being simpler due to only working with midi data, would be easier to not cap the cpu, but guess not.

One thing you can do to keep the CPU usage down is to disable channel activity indicators through the settings menu. For editing purposes, I'd recommend soloing one or two channels at the most, then un-muting everything exporting an OGG or WHY when you're done.

Midi input and output should work through USB, provided you have a USB-MIDI adapter. I bought a cheap Chinese one, and it seems to work fine with my x64 Linux computer, but I don't have a Pandora yet.

Last edited by a moderator: