Littlegptracker 1.0

M-.-n

Website
discodirt.10pm.org
LittleGPTracker 1.0 is out !

Even on cracked and worn out GP2X, the pig still rox the block !

1755340867_9caff4aec7.jpg

Here's a rough cut of the features since 0.52a:

+ Sample library & import support
+ Groove support for odd time signature
+ Debian build
+ Allows creation of project from the program itself
+ new Feedback parameters at the instrument level
+ new Looper Sync looping mode for automatic looping on the current tempo
+ Engine optimisation (most tracks only use about 10% of the cpu)
+ New rendering system allowing to render directly from the application
either the mixdown or the 8 separated tracks.
+ External joystick control on all platforms

You can download it from

http://www.littlegptracker.com/download.php

Don't forget to dig http://www.hexawe.net for all LGPT made tracks

Enjoy,
Marc.

Very, very nice! This project has so much heart and personality, it's very inspiring work :) But what happened to the GP32 download?

Unfortunately, due to too much problem to deal with the hardware, the GP32 has been ditched :(

Alex. said:
Very, very nice! This project has so much heart and personality, it's very inspiring work :) But what happened to the GP32 download?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about music production but I've been wanting to dip my toe in the water for a long time. Looks like the GP2X should be my starting point. Thanks for this, looks great. :)

The track links and live photos elevate this thread to super-awesome status!

[edit] Made an icon if anyone wants:
lgptdd4.png
(Don't forget to rename)

:) Ill have to try this out, been wanting to get into the tracker type stuff again, used to do loads on amiga back in the day.

Maybe I can mix it with some of my punk music and stuff too. Good stuff!

@starpause
That picture is awsome, I so want to start doing stuff like that at some point.

Nice to see this piece of software updated and updated again...

When more time I will go back to it... I downloaded your srugrest track. Was it made using the gp2x or on a PC version of the tracker ? It is really impressing...

To all who are interested i will be doing a live set on piggy in the streets of london somewhere around shoreditch & farringdon (ep lounge) via the boom bot soundsystem The Centrifuge

Boom bot are a custom made mobile speaker system housed in to guys who walk around blasting out tracks, this time it will be my live set on a gp2x piggy tracker v1 :D, midi output to a customised midi speak & math all through a mini kaoss pad for a full battery powered arsenal....

this will take place around 8-9pm and again later maybe around 11pm before another live performance in the epicurean lounge using piggy tracker and buzz/aldrin tracker on linux with perl ascii terminal visuals programmed before your very eyes by ASV.

if that isnt enough for you the whole night is free in celebration of our soon to be launched internet record label The Centrifuge.

To further entertain you we have a whole list of centrifuge artists and headlining our good pal Ebola from www.WrongMusic.com

its free, its noisey & experimental electronica, how could you say no :D

tcl20080530.png

Thank you
NeuTek

nice neutek, try to get a recording !

TomVS said:
When more time I will go back to it... I downloaded your srugrest track. Was it made using the gp2x or on a PC version of the tracker ? It is really impressing...
Thanks, it was done on a GP2x, I do all my tracks with it. Not that it really matters coz they have exactly the same capabilities. If you want to dig around, all tracks on hexawe have the projects there too so you can download and learn/alter ;)

Cheers
Marc

Neutek,

in the streets of london somewhere around shoreditch & farringdon

Where can I find you exactly ??
I'd like to hear it, street sound system sounds good idea

I'm the author of Pikix (the VJ software on GP2X) (http://www.pikilipita.com/vj) and just got back from Austria where I gave lectures about it :)

Do you have some video equipement for your launch party?
I'd be happy to perform a set of visuals, but I do not own a video-projector...

i downloaded it yesterday and had been playing with it since

i used to play with this types of tracker like 10 years ago, with xm and fasttracker, i did mostly metal back in the day, but now im hearing also electronica, pop and disco, gonna try to do something with this, really excites my to have a movil music composer :)

wanna thank you for doing something that really elevates this machine above the "game console" or "media player" status and adds other dimesions to it

cheers from Argentina!

The screenshot neat. Just wondered what's the essence there inside the crack? If I touched it while it works what would happen? Is it electrons? Is it plasma? Is it air? Is it the stuff that dreams are made of? Crazy, stupid but just wondered :)

M-.-n said:
nice neutek, try to get a recording !

TomVS said:
Thanks, it was done on a GP2x, I do all my tracks with it. Not that it really matters coz they have exactly the same capabilities. If you want to dig around, all tracks on hexawe have the projects there too so you can download and learn/alter ;)

Cheers
Marc

Hey Marc,
We filmed it but i think the sound quality will be rubbish so i will get around to getting 2 videos up next weekend, one with the original sound and another with a clean recording over the top ( the same as i would have played live ). the street rave went well and so did my set at the epicurean lounge and the whole night in general was a success for our launch. We will be doing more of this so in the future i will keep everyone better informed.

i'll keep everyone posted, especially on the piggy tracker stuff, i'll try getting somethign to you for hex awe to as i have a big list of tracks i have done on piggy now....

v1 is awesome

Back