GP32 [linux]compiling Gcc 3.3.3

slubman

Certified Guru
I try to compile my own gcc 3.3.3 and got some errors :(

if [ -f stmp-dirs ]; then true; else touch stmp-dirs; fi
/home/slubman/Applications/gp32/gcc-3.3.3-arm-elf/gcc/xgcc -B/home/slubman/Applications/gp32/gcc-3.3.3-arm-elf/gcc/ -B~/gp32gcc/arm-elf/bin/ -B~/gp32gcc/arm-elf/lib/ -isystem ~/gp32gcc/arm-elf/include -O2 -msoft-float -mthumb-interwork -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include -Dinhibit_libc -fno-inline -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -Dinhibit_libc -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc -I../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/config -I../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/../include -DL_udivsi3 -xassembler-with-cpp -c ../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm -o libgcc/./_udivsi3.o
as: unrecognized option `-mno-fpu'
make[2]: *** [libgcc/./_udivsi3.o] Erreur 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/slubman/Applications/gp32/gcc-3.3.3-arm-elf/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Erreur 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/slubman/Applications/gp32/gcc-3.3.3-arm-elf/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Erreur 2

I've tried with the 3 "how-to" i found on this web page and with the oldest, i've got an error before (somtehing like "unkonwn option -march=armv4t"), and withe the 2 others i've got the error on top of the topic

Can you help me to compile GCC please ?

This is the first the oldest how to and i've got an error with an unrecognized option when using gcc 3.3.3 :(

It appears that you're building your gcc to install in a non-standard place. Could you give a complete description of the command lines you've used?

-mno-fpu possibly isn't applicable to arm-gcc, but I think it should be... and option "-march=armv4t" certainly shouln't be unknown!

Did you build binutils first? And can you give links to the 3 how-tos that you've looked at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... still not enough information. Please give the exact commands you typed to start the gcc build, including all the preparation commands (making directories, extracting the source etc.

One common problem is making gcc "in-tree", which does not work. Ensure that you make a build directory, and then from the build directory type /path/to/gcc/source/configure --configure-options etc.

for robster method (the oldest):
extracting file then in each created folder do a mkdir build, also change the --prefix=/usr to --prefix=~/gp32gcc everywhere (also in the bgcc script)

with mr.Mirko method
type exactely the commands also changing --prefix=/opt/gp32_gcc to --prefix=~/gp32gcc

with sixxie method
extracting file then changing the makefiles, and crating directories, and also changing the --prefix option

In fact i follow each of this method only changing the --prefix option as i said it before

I also try with a "normal" installation directory (/usr), with no effect :(

Back