Lik Sang And Uk Import Duty

antaresuk

If I bought a gp2x from lik sang would there be import duty? Has anyone bought a gp2x from them and can answer this question?

Thanx

antaresuk posted on Aug 25 2006 at 08:53 AM said:
If I bought a gp2x from lik sang would there be import duty? Has anyone bought a gp2x from them and can answer this question?

Thanx

Not sure why you bought it from those guys from when you could of bought it from the official UK site with no import duty and next day delivery.

I would say yes you will probably have to pay some as PSP owners have had to in the past.

http://gp2x.co.uk/indexgp2x.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman2 posted on Aug 25 2006 at 09:17 AM said:
antaresuk posted on Aug 25 2006 at 08:53 AM said:

Thanx

Not sure why you bought it from those guys from when you could of bought it from the official UK site with no import duty and next day delivery.

I would say yes you will probably have to pay some as PSP owners have had to in the past.

http://gp2x.co.uk/indexgp2x.html

I havent bought it yet, I am considering places to buy it from. Lik Sang seems to be the cheapest, hence the question about import duty.

I would say, buy it from liksang, there is a chance you'll have to pay import taxes, but even then its still cheap.

I oredered my gp32 from them some years ago and I didn't had to pay any tax.
But when I oredered my gp2x, I did had to pay tax, but I think because it was of more value (2x gp2x, 2 cases and screenprotector).

I think I'd rather spend a bit more for the peace of mind and quick delivery. Plus it's gonna be a nightmare if you have to send it back for whatever reason.

Buy it from GP2X.co.uk. You'll not regret it as their service is second to none!

If you can spare a few extra pounds, get it from gp2x.co.uk, as the guy in charge there is very supportive of the community, which for a machine of this type, is very good.

Godmil posted on Aug 25 2006 at 01:04 PM said:
If you can spare a few extra pounds, get it from gp2x.co.uk, as the guy in charge there is very supportive of the community, which for a machine of this type, is very good.

Ok I'm convinced to buy british :) Craigx are you planning on having a gp2x special deal at the amiga bash next month?

antaresuk posted on Aug 25 2006 at 02:53 AM said:

Thanx

Live in the U.S.. ordered from Lik Sang. No problems. but be sure to pick UPS if you want tracking.

It's a lottery - you might pay import tax, you might not...
Not worth the chance - if there's something wrong it'll cost you a lot to send it back... Stick to gp2x.co.uk if I was you.

Back