Leonard Nimoy (Spock) has passed away.

He..

....he is death now?

A shame ..i hope realy he rest in Peace.

He was a very very important Person for me in Star Trek.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not only Star Trek... I also loved his voice-over for Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts :(

May he rest in peace!

His narrations made Civilization IV a tad bit better too, actually why I still play that over V. 

NJ117jX.jpg

I will always love you Spock :wub:

Rest In Space

Another hero of my youth passed away, they are becoming even fewer. :( R.I.P. and L.L.A.P.

Maybe, Sheldon can clone him, he has Nimoy's DNA. ^^"

In other news, many others have died and no one cares.

I am a huge Star Trek fan, and not too fond of humans, yet I still feel it is a bit messed up when the masses are so moved by the deaths of celebrities, and don't even acknowledge all the others.

To put everyone's minds at ease, they will find Spock on some new random planet out there.

Eventually, after his resurrection, he will travel to his past in some stupid alternate universe where they can use transporters to travel around the galaxy (no clue why they bother with starships) and visit himself.

Mr. Nimoy contributed greatly to other shows I really enjoy, including The Twilight Zone and Fringe.

yet I still feel it is a bit messed up when the masses are so moved by the deaths of celebrities
I feel a bit messed up too when the masses pick up on something someone said and bully them in public (just like what's happening to Tim Schafer right now - I don't really like him, but the treatment is getting for what he said is completely ridiculous. People should grow some balls a bit instead of jumping on their keyboards right after they hear something they don't remotely like). 

In other news, many others have died and no one cares.
The first "problem" is that this is a defense mechanism: people need to distance themselves, otherwise they would just commit suicide within seconds while thinking about all the people that die (and the circumstances of their deaths) in every second of every day on this planet.The second "problem" is that most of the mechanisms of social interaction that come into play were developed in a time where the only means of "entertainment" where interacting with your peers and maybe some finger paintings on the wall (and maybe some basic forms of music). While the possibilities of entertainment grew a lot since then these mechanism did not need to change, so the situation we are in is that in certain aspects our brain simply can't distinguish between real people and virtual people depicted on screens.

There are already a number of studies that point out that the neuron patterns in your brain that are created when we interact with people are quite similar to those that are created when we see actors on TV repeatedly and that the more these patterns are enforced through recurrence the more these virtual persons are integrated in our personal peer groups. Meaning we createed some form of bond to those people even if we are not really close to them. Of course on a "higher" level of conciousness we now that these people aren't "real" (in terms that we usually never come physically close to them), but on a lower level, our survival mechanisms still work and kick in as the loss of someone in a peer group could have had fatal consequences at the time these mechanisms were developed.

So from my point of view this is not necesarrily desired but understandable.

Harrison Ford is in trouble :(
At least he is alive and OK for the circumstances it seems. ^^" I didn't even knew he was a real pilot. There may have been something left from Indy 3 :

"Flying? Yes. Landing? No."

Back