Left Nub Dead

Lorkile

So my Pandora just arrived, and the biggest problem I'm having is with the left nub. For starters I found that it can't move freely like the right nub, it seems it's sticking and I think with some use that issue would go away.

Now I find it's mapped to the mouse by default right? Mine doesn't move the mouse, which is worrying. Will see what I can figure out, but this is rather bothersome. After trying the Reset Nub from the mini menu I find I still can't move the mouse, this is really troubling since I had decided not to request a one nub since I knew I would want a fully functional device.

Minor aside issue, while I can't be certain which password should do it (I booted up and input the information requested, then went ahead to get wireless set-up) but I can't install Hotfix 2 since neither password works for the administrator or whatever. I'm a bit new to Linux in general, but it is rather bothersome and I could probably use help with this once something is done about the nub.

I find that the screen only stays in one angle. This has given me serious doubts about the system as it's one of those things that makes it rather bothersome to both see the screen clearly and use the physical controls. This is more a gripe then anything though, will have to try to use my Pandora a bit before I can really figure out how I feel about it.

The password you need is the one you entered in the first boot wizard.

Some units have permission issues - and therefore only can be fixed with a reflash (see the Tips and Tweaks thread on top of the I Need Help section).

Flashing is easy, but might fix all your problems right away.

Thanks, looking into it now.

I wonder if this will fix one other issue I forgot to mention. To date every time I've turned it off (a few times now, just testing to see if it would work) the system would reboot.

After the reflash the nub still seems dead. I'm installing the hotfix, hope running a bit low.

Edit: Just lost hope, tried moving after installing hotfix2, tried resetting the nub again and still nothing. So, who should I contact? Do I now need to go out and get packaging materials so I can ship it? I mean, it's pretty upsetting on top of the things I've been dealing with in my personal life.

Another edit: Figured while thinking of it, what's the little black "box" that came with the Pandora for? It was an interesting find inside the brown box.

Korlithiel said:
Another edit: Figured while thinking of it, what's the little black "box" that came with the Pandora for? It was an interesting find inside the brown box.
Battery box. When not in the Pandora, you can stash it in the box for safe keeping. It'll probably get very little use for the most part, but it was probably a cheap thing to make anyway, so no real loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was curious, especially seeing how I can't get it open.

Still not sure who to contact over the seemingly dead nub, it's rather upsetting.

Edit:

Seems I can't map any direction on either nub in tux, starting to suspect both are dead. Anyone got a suggestion for a game or something I could test with?

Korlithiel said:
Still not sure who to contact over the seemingly dead nub, it's rather upsetting.
openpandorasales@gmail.com
or phone them http://gbax.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mali, so I was right in emailing them. I hope to get myself to call them tomorrow, I've phone issues.

Back