Left Nub Acting Up

I also seem to be having a problem with charging the battery, with the lid down in low power, it took me 5 hours or so to get from around 30 to 60-70 percent of battery; is this normal behavior? Btw, my battery was fully drained on arrival if that helps any.
Lid down isn't low power mode, if I'm not mistaken. It only switches off the LCD.

To enter low power mode, you must slide the power switch to the right. The LCD will power off and a lot of other services are all switched off (like WiFi, bluetooth and so on).

Did you have better luck with your nubs? Take a look at the input tester.

I ran the input tester in joystick mode, and it registers all directions perfectly, but I also notice that both nubs have a tendency to shift further to the side being pushsed. As in, if I push it to the side, it will often shift further to the side; as if it were not initally registering the complete motion...

EDIT: Now, I'm noticing that they may sometimes completely cease to move all the way to a side...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recorded a video to show my problem. Sorry for the bad quality, I hope is enough to see it.

As you can see, the left nub refuses to go down-right when doing circles. Notice the difference to the right nub, that behaves perfectly.

Best watched at 480p fullscreen.

PS: Don't worry, I've not made the video public on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MHd5bkv6ucs?feature=oembed

It might be a bit of dirt in there.

Shutdown the Pandora. Move the nub around like hell in various directions (randomly, circles, etc.)

Move it fast.

Do so for about 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Boot up and check if it got better. If it's better but not perfect, retry the same thing. If it doesn't change, it might be the nub has an issue.

If it is already perfect - be a happy guy :)

It might be a bit of dirt in there.

Shutdown the Pandora. Move the nub around like hell in various directions (randomly, circles, etc.)

Move it fast.

Do so for about 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Boot up and check if it got better. If it's better but not perfect, retry the same thing. If it doesn't change, it might be the nub has an issue.

If it is already perfect - be a happy guy :)

I've tried it to no avail. Believe me I don't want my Pandora RMA'd, but it seems the left nub calibration is totally broken.

It always works perfectly after restarting but, once some minutes pass, I'm unable to reach some of the edges (normally, the bottom-down edge, but has also happened with the top-left and top-right).

Any other idea? Or should I contact my provider for RMA?

I've recorded a video to show my problem. Sorry for the bad quality, I hope is enough to see it.

As you can see, the left nub refuses to go down-right when doing circles. Notice the difference to the right nub, that behaves perfectly.

Best watched at 480p fullscreen.

PS: Don't worry, I've not made the video public on Youtube.

{Video}
I'm having a similar problem with my nubs, but it's not quite as obvious as yours. Down left doesn't always register fully. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If I hold it there for a long time it will reach all the way, but if I move it quickly it won't always... Dunno if it's a calibration problem or hardware related. But it happens to both nubs, so I'm leaning more towards software. Any chance of getting better software to manually calibrate the nubs, and save those settings?

If I hold it there for a long time it will reach all the way, but if I move it quickly it won't always...
Yeah, something similar happens to me. If I'm at center and I press and hold it for some time to down-right, it will reach down-right. But, if I start again with a circular movement, it won't reach that diagonal again.

EvilDragon, just a question.

Just out of curiosity, if I send my Pandora for RMA, will you be able to fix it by soldering a new nub, or will you need to send it to CircuitCo?

I really liked my unit, although I don't really mind if another working Pandora comes to me. :)

EvilDragon, just a question.

Just out of curiosity, if I send my Pandora for RMA, will you be able to fix it by soldering a new nub, or will you need to send it to CircuitCo?

I really liked my unit, although I don't really mind if another working Pandora comes to me. :)

I can replace nubs myself, so it won't go back.

I can replace nubs myself, so it won't go back.
Thanks a lot. That's fantastic news!

So I suppose I must contact Jacquelyn (I bought from Craig's store) and she will tell me if I have to send it back to England or directly to you at Germany, no?

And sorry for taking part of your valuable time.

Back