Left Nub Acting Up

zeldarocks

I have begun to notice that there may be something amiss with my left nub; my right one responds accurately 100 percent of the time, but my left nub seems to stop resonding following continous movements, to the point where it will sometimes almost grind to a halt (in XCFE for instacne, I will try to move it upwards and it will move very slowly, while left/right and down motions are perfect... Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried resetting the nubs back to default?

numerous times... I have also tried the "push the case around the nubs fix" to no avail...

I can't really explain it any other way than: the nubs seem to be hit or miss with regards to responsiveness overall

Have you tried blowing some compressed air? If this doesn't work then ask EvilDragon whether or not it needs to be RMA'd back to them...because it sounds like it's a dead nub a.k.a. one nubber.

Btw, how long have you had the Pandora?

Have you tried blowing some compressed air? If this doesn't work then ask EvilDragon whether or not it needs to be RMA'd back to them...because it sounds like it's a dead nub a.k.a. one nubber.

Btw, how long have you had the Pandora?
Less than 24 hours; btw, it doesn't seem 'dead' so to speak, just very wonky... It will move fluidly one second, then the next it will be slow as can be...

What I'm trying to say is that: they will almost always move... It's just that sometimes they may move more slowly or even cease to move when hittinga direction; it's hard to explain...

Now my left nub is moving unbearably slowly to the left... All other directions are smooth as butter...

Mine has a similar problem, it will randomly be slow in a random direction. It normally fixes itself after awhile though. I really wish there was a manual calibration, and persistent calibration on reboot.

I also have a similar problem with my left nub.

Just after restarting, it works perfectly in all directions but, after some use (or time, not sure), I can't move down-right.

If I restart the system, the nub starts working perfectly and then, after some time, I can't go down-right, again.

It does not happen to the right nub (or so I think, will test again this afternoon, when I'm at home).

For the rest of things, my Pandora works perfectly (after full flashing to Hotfix 5). :)

The nub autocalibrates while you use it, so if you are on a fresh start, it won't work perfectly right away.

It calibrates depending on the maximum ranges it got so far, so if you fully move it to the right and just a little to the left, it will use that as range as long as it doesn't get a bigger range.

So, to make the nub move properly, it needs to be pushed to each direction with a full movement, better do that twice or three times and it should work.

The nub autocalibrates while you use it, so if you are on a fresh start, it won't work perfectly right away.

It calibrates depending on the maximum ranges it got so far, so if you fully move it to the right and just a little to the left, it will use that as range as long as it doesn't get a bigger range.

So, to make the nub move properly, it needs to be pushed to each direction with a full movement, better do that twice or three times and it should work.

The uneven movements seem to persist; it doesn't feel 100 percent natural, it feels as if there is some artificial resistance in movement

The uneven movements seem to persist; it doesn't feel 100 percent natural, it feels as if there is some artificial resistance in movement

IF there is resistance in movement, the nub disc most certainly hits the case, as there it nothing else in the nub that could add resistance.

Press down the case around the nub down firmly to make sure there is no resistance.

Ok, I've tested again both nubs in mouse mode.

The right nub works perfectly in every situation. The left nub works fine at start, and starts to not going down-right after some circular movements.

Put the nubs into joystick mode first from the settings menu, then run "op_test_inputs"

Tried pulling the battery out for 10 minutes?

Thanks both for the information / suggestions. I will try. Wish me luck!

Ok, so I've set both nubs to joystick mode and launched the input tester application.

It seems to me as if the calibration algorithm is totally broken on my left nub.

At start, I move the nub on circles, and it reaches the value of +-32 in every direction.

Then, if I make a fast movement top-bottom, left-right or whatever, the nub stops working on one direction, and never gets to the 32 value for that direction, even after trying to recalibrate it by pushing it in all directions. It only works after restarting.

I suppose I could make a video of it, it's easily reproducible.

I also seem to be having a problem with charging the battery, with the lid down in low power, it took me 5 hours or so to get from around 30 to 60-70 percent of battery; is this normal behavior? Btw, my battery was fully drained on arrival if that helps any.

Back