Learning French

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
Bonjour!

Recently decided that a second language would probably do my degree the world of good.

Seeing as I did french all throughout school I thought it would be a good idea to pick it up again and see if I could learn it comprehensively.

However I need to know where to start, I can't really afford tutors/night classes and I don't really want to fill my car stereo with french people ordering coffee and talking about the weather, so can anyone recommend any good books or any other method?

I went to go live in france for 5 years
it helps, alot. and theres alot of fit girls there aswell, who are good at other things than french aswell.
The best would be to get a private tutor, or if u dont have the money for that, mayby take a french course in college.
To be honest i dont you will find many good text books which will help you pick up french.
The best though, not kidding is to listen to thos audio clips to make you learn french, and repeat what they say.
From what i have heard it is a very good way of learning a language.
Then go to france for a week or so and put it to practice.
well if you ever do need any help french related you can PM me if you want

Living there in and amongst it is the only way really.

Still getting round to that myself as far as France goes, but doing the same in Spain first.

It's definitely the way forward.....

NA mor tha 80 mins
More advanced ones come in 10-30 in a box
I think anyone you buy out of a respectable shop or internet site will help you learn french alot
My mum teaches french so next time i see her ill ask. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
What a coincidence, I have my verbal exam of French tomorrow and my French exam next monday. I'm quite dead, you see, with the things I messed for French this might very well be the class that could make me redo a year. (I've been following French for the past 6 too)

Well, au revoir. :)

What a coincidence, I have my verbal exam of French tomorrow and my French exam next monday. I'm quite dead, you see, with the things I messed for French this might very well be the class that could make me redo a year. (I've been following French for the past 6 too)

Bonne chance?

Some people recommend playing french tapes etc, while you are sleeping. No idea whether it works or not, but it's worth a chance, no?

Le monde entier n'est pas suffit pour tu.

Je t'aime avec tout mon coeur.

T u es l'une pour moi et la lumiere dans ma vie.

Tu es la fille de mes reves.

J'aime le francais!

Bonne chance?

Merci. :)
Went quite well, I even passed. Albeit I have another verbal one tomorrow and the real french exam this monday. :(
P.S. results of my french pre-exam: 13/40% (That's 40 out of the 100% of my full exam) :(

Le monde entier n'est pas suffit pour tu.
- The whole world (correct...?) is not enough for you.
Je t'aime avec tout mon coeur.
- I love you with all of my heart.
T u es l'une pour moi et la lumiere dans ma vie.
- You are the one for me and the light in my life.
Tu es la fille de mes reves.
- You are the girl of my dreams.
J'aime le francais!
- I love (the) french!

Back