LCD replacement (the screen, not the cable)

jdacronym

Still Fresh
The LCD on my Pandora (Rebirth model) is cracked terribly. I see that I can order them from DragonBox: is it a good idea to try and replace this myself, or should I send it to Lithic or ED for repairs?

I understand this question won't necessarily have a precise answer, but I'd appreciate the input.

Opening the lid is a bit of a challenge (see ED's video), so you can try that first, if you can manage that and are be able to remove old LCD, you should be fine putting it all back together and can just order the part, else send the whole unit.

Thanks! I'll give the video a look. I'm keen to try but my tools are likely to be a set of jewler's drivers and a surface I can rest my elbows on. But hey, if I'm good at this I might be of service to the community, being on the West Coast. If work ever lets up, that is. ^o^

If you're worried about breaking anything just order a new case set and LCD cable at the same time, then if anything does go wrong with opening the lid you can just put brand new parts in!

Good point. But don't I run the risk of breaking things every time I insert an LCD screen into a case? I haven't finished watching ED's LCD cable replacement video yet; work wifi is crap.

Back