Lcd Flicker When Pluged Into The Mains

sliteist

Website
www.myspace.com
my lcd will only flicker when pluged into the mains.... and im not confident anuff to use the CPU/LCD tweaker........ can anyone help... i using FW 1.0.0/update...
thanks for any help
(^L_^)

If it only flickers when your using an adapter then its your adapter causing the problem not your GP2X. Cheap adapters cause a lot of interference on the GP2X, this is what your seeing on the LCD.

Hanz™ posted on Dec 31 2005 at 04:30 PM said:
Get a regulated adaptor and apparently squidge had to run his at 4.5V.

I think you'll find that was Reesy, not me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Dec 31 2005 at 06:27 PM said:
Real slick, you just broke your gp2x.
Somebody should tell Reesy before he breaks his!

:) My GP2X must be well ard! but point noted I won't be testing it's ardness any more.

The same thing happens to me. With the AC Adapter I have, it has multiple settings: 3 volts, 4 volts, 5 etc. If I try it on 3 it gives me the multi colored lines that you get if your batteries are dead and if I turn it to 4 it boots and works but the screen flickers. Maybe it has to be 'exactly' 3.3 not 3 or 4.

With my bricked unit if I only gave it 1A the screen would go crazy and flicker all over (this is at 3v) but when I tried a 2Amp adapter it showed the screen just fine.

sliteist posted on Dec 31 2005 at 03:20 PM said:
my lcd will only flicker when pluged into the mains.... and im not confident anuff to use the CPU/LCD tweaker........ can anyone help... i using FW 1.0.0/update...
thanks for any help
(^L_^)

Cheap adapters don't change the AC to Dc very well. The circuitry leaves in alot of ripple (fluctuation left from the AC sine wave) and can cause flickering and waving in the display. No adapters can totaly get rid of all ripple but good ones minimize it.

I tried a Radio shach 3V and 500 MA adapter and it worked. That is strange that some of you need 1 or 2A and more than 3V. Must be something with the adapter.

500ma? I know that is not going to be enough to power the gp2x, doesn't it take like 800ma to play video and 1100 with tv out?

my gp2x runs fine, my lil sis put cheep ass bat's in it witch is why it wouldent boot without the adaptor i guees ill just put up witht the flicker.... not too bad, might have a fit though hum.... what radio shack one is the best....

thanks

my gp2x runs fine, my lil sis put cheep ass bat's in it witch is why it wouldent boot without the adaptor i guees ill just put up witht the flicker.... not too bad, might have a fit though hum.... what radio shack one is the best....

thanks

I got this one its 2 amps
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

But this one is good too because it is regulated it is 1 amp, it is more expensive but comes with LOADS of adapter head things
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

Either one should be fine. The bottom one might be better because it is regulated, but the top one has more amps and with more amps you could over clock higher (right?).

the adaptors posted here tend to all be expensive. I've even heard some people giving insane figures as to what a universal AC adaptor should cost.

for people in the US, this one is under $10 and works fine. No more wavies than usual and the tweaker makes them go away just as with batteries. It has a 90-degree plug for ease of play as well (but the cord is slightly shorter than I'd prefer).
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4011642?s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
it outputs a regulated 3V@1200mA and easily adjusts to have negative on the center pin. (for some reason, many don't) Should be a chainwide item.

we really should have a sticky topic for inexpensive helpful accessories.

Back