Lcd Adjustment/utility

jeremymtc

Still Fresh
Hello folks. This is my first post here. I've had my Caanoo for about a week now, and quite like it. I'd like to offer a proactive and preemptive "Thanks" to all who are writing software and doing ports for the Caanoo.

In terms of basic function, the single biggest flaw I've noted is that the Caanoo seems to go through the battery charge relatively quickly. I couldn't help but notice that there does not seem to be any sort of LCD/backlight auto-shutoff function built into the OS. The only adjustment we do seem to have is a fairly coarse grained backlight level setting.

Is anybody aware of either a change in an upcoming firmware update which may address this, or alternatively, might it be possible to write a utility giving a bit more control over the backlight/display usage? If I am missing something obvious, please feel free to point out my ignorance!

Thanks,

Jeremy

I do hope they'll include some changes in the new firmware, the screen is obviously a huge battery drainer.

I`m testing Pcsx4All I no its heavy testing - but the battery is getting the arse kick out of it - yeah its deffo the backlight being to bright on the lowest setting.. contact GPH I would say ;)

The battery lasts long enough for me - it's no DS, but it gets the job done. However, a darker setting for the backlight (like Off at the bottom) would be nice; same thing with the volume slider - it should go 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100, or perhaps 0 - 10 - 20 - 50 - 100. The second range is on the basis that if you want it low, you'd probably want a fine degree of precision, while if you want it loud, you probably don't care as much; you want it full strength.
EDIT: Perhaps a biased version, like you probably want it either quiet or loud:
0 - 15 - 50 - 85 - 100?

Back