Launchers

rlegault

Still Fresh
Is anyone working on updating any of the Launchers? I really like GMenu2x, but it would be nice if it had touchscreen.

I'm working on it and I have a partial implementation now.
Things are going a little slow right now but I'll finish it sooner or later.

I could have implemented TS support with a lot less work but it would have been spaghetti code and I didn't like the idea, so I took the longer/cleaner path.

What's working right now:
* Launching links
* Changing sections
* Selecting voices in options menus (the SELECT one)
* Selecting buttons on dialog windows (confirmation/message dialogs)

There are still a lot of areas that need to be updated though.

Great news, Ryo.

One little bug fix you might want to look at is disappearing icon artwork.

When I add a link, gmenu intelligently looks to see if there is an associated icon png file and uses it. Unfortunately, if I go and edit the settings of the link file (e.g. file name or ram timings) it loses the icon art location and I have to manually browse to find it. It would be nice if the icon art just stayed there!

does anyone know, is there currently a way to set a default icon folder? if not, i would love for this to be included as a feature.

actually touch screen sounds cool but really all i'm missing right now is the battery indicator :)

luckily, in my experience, cool thing with f200 is that the blue led starts flickering with low batteries, often with just enough time to do a quick save :)

keep up the awesome work, ryo. i really wish i had some time to crank out a gmenu skin or at least icon theme.

I'm afraid that I cannot implement a working battery indicator in next version. I don't have enough informations to work on it and the absence of telnet on the F200 makes investigations really troublesome in my situation since I don't even have a serial port on my laptop.

Do we have any updates on the new version of GMenu2x?

Thanks for any info you can provide

I didn't have enough time to work on it so development slowed down (as many of you noticed).
I just want to reassure everybody that GMenu2X is still on my todo list.

In the next month or two I'm probably going to end a part-time collaboration (second job) that drained almost all of my free time.
Also I'm not engaged anymore with my ex so the "good side" is that I might find some time to code.

Can't wait to see what you've done with the thing. I am willing to test if you need testers.

Back