Language Selectable on Korean Units?

coreyinoz

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

Here's a potentially noob question that I didn't see addressed in the FAQ. I'm living in Korea right now and I've been reading about the GP32 with great interest.

If I pick a unit up here, will I be able to switch the language to English? What would be involved - if anything? Just downloading the English software? Flashing to an English BIOS?

Thanks for any help.

Corey

There isnt really all that much text in the firmware anyway, but I agree with the last post... not so much to change the language, but just cos the multi firmware is leet :)

leet my ass, don't talk like flashing firmware is a big task all it takes is dumping some files on an smc and then hitting a few buttons if you mess it up then you're a dumb ass.

Difference is: Linux is 'leet' :p I've heard it described like so because of its installs, but really it isn't hard ...
If you mess up or reformat your PC you can reinstall from backup or something.

If you mess up GP32 flashing, you're screwed unless you do the J-TAG thing or get Mr. Spiv to help you (for a price?)

Don't forget power shorts can happen, usually don't, but you never know. If -anything- interrupts the flash, even by one byte, you're screwed. Granted this never happens usually but just make sure you have full batteries, you should be OK.

Actually I think sloth was referring to the general coolness of the firmware, not how hard it is to install, nm.

Rico posted on May 7 2003 said:
Actually I think sloth was referring to the general coolness of the firmware, not how hard it is to install, nm.
Yeah, thats what I meant, bad choice of words perhaps ?

does 'leet' imply 'hard to use' ?

And linux is still leet, even if you CAN do a debian install by repeatedly hitting enter nowadays :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back