Release KOBO Deluxe

Gave this a go earlier. Nice game, reminds me of Thunderforce 2.

Anyway I thought it had hung the first run and soft reset but it just needs time for the SE to load up. The speed is good and SE etc but the menu is slightly offset to the left, obscuring some text. Video options will accept a change to 800x480 but then the menu/pause text etc all disappears and just the coloured bar that highlights text remains visible and moveable. If you enable music it accepts it but then quits to desktop on game start.

It also claims it cant create new player profiles but does for that session, then it forgets when you next try. Plays nice though. Cheers for the port :)

Thanks for the testing!

800x480 resolution doesn't change anything with the gamescreen, except, that the fonts disappear. So you can leave that at 640x480. Another issue seems to be, that the text also disappears, when you set another videodriver than the one I made the default.

with the playerfilecreation I have to see how this is done and where exactly it saves its profiles to.

The menu is moved to the left, but that is only, when you call the menu from ingame, I think.

The game renders the soundeffects and music at gamestart from midis, so this is what is taking so long with loading.

Like said before, I can't do really much about all this, as I am not a programmer by any means, but mindlord said, that he would have a look, when he has got the time.

Ah damn. I wanted to port KoboDl! why, oh why did my pandora not arrive x weeks ago! well, too bad :)

By the way, back when I first had the idea, I asked the creator, David Olofson, if he would be OK with it (I know it's opensource and all, I'm just a nice guy sometimes ;) ) and he replied with

By all means, give it a go! Feel free to contact me again if you have any
problems. :)
so if you have problems that you can't resolve, you can try asking him :)

I don't have the time to make big changes or in dept analysis, so when your pandora arrives, feel free to pick this up and do a proper port.

I accidentaly deleted the builddirectory btw and don't want to do this all again.

Back