GP32 Klik 'n Play or Games factory for GP32!

Nutzo

Anyone ever use Klik'nPlay or the newer version called Games Factory (see www.clickteam.com)?

They were pretty cool, anyone could make some decent action games with them. You didn't need any programming background! Imagine if we could use something like Games Factory to build a game on your PC, then save it as a GP32 program and play on GP32!

Actually, the entire program could run on GP32, since Klik'nPlay used to work perfectly on my old 486 DX2 66Mhz back in the day. :) It's just that you really need a mouse to comfortably do stuff IMO.

Maybe I'll email Clickteam, even tho they'll probably just delete my email or at best tell me no. :{

But I would gladly pay $50 for something like that. It would SO MUCH FUN to easily be able to make 2D games for GP32 and share them with everyone.

Well... 'twould be nice, but I doubt Clickteam will port it, somehow. If they did, I'd be extremely happy though.
But I doubt it. If anything, they'd be more likely to write something that'd just let you run the games, not make them, and get you to buy the PC ver of TGF (or download KNP for Schools :) ) in order to actually make anything. Which would probably be fine.
But even then I doubt they'll do it...

Tobriand posted on Apr 29 2003 said:
Well... 'twould be nice, but I doubt Clickteam will port it, somehow. If they did, I'd be extremely happy though.
But I doubt it. If anything, they'd be more likely to write something that'd just let you run the games, not make them, and get you to buy the PC ver of TGF (or download KNP for Schools :) ) in order to actually make anything. Which would probably be fine.
But even then I doubt they'll do it...
I think Dragon BASIC could be what you're after. The learning curve is not very steep and it can do so much more than Klik'n'Play. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an Amiga SEUCK game called Desert Strike after Iraq invaded Kuwait.
It was a vertically scrolling shooter. You flew an F-16. I spent *DAYS* getting the little twin barrelled AA guns and Iraqi gunners to look just right.

It should be possible to create something like SECK for the GP32. If you had a configurable game engine, sprite and background editor, and a pattern mapper, that would be about all.

since most mouses are usb wouldnt all that be needed done is drivers or somthing?

SEUCK was also on the Atari ST... and since the Atari was so much like the Amiga both vrsions should be pretty much the same...

Anyone ever use Klik'nPlay or the newer version called Games Factory (see www.clickteam.com)?

Just to be pedantic, there's a newer version out called Multimedia Fusion. Quite expensive, tho.

- Rico

KnP is freeware by now - and it don't do all that much, although it does do a fair bit...

TGF is Shareware, and a LOT more was managed with it (Rush V - what an amazing game. And Inkabod :) ). If we get support for something, this is the one to hope for, since we wouldn't have to pay for the thing... or at least, if we want a free one. MMF is too pricy for me these days (got an old copy of 1.2 though that my "company" clubbed together to buy :) ).

CnC went a step further, and would be ideal; they allowed user-defined objects - the best of which being the direction calculator. Other than that, it was TGF. Renames Multimedia Fusion Lite, this one you still have to pay for, and its prolly the most economically viable if you're going to pay for anything...

MMF is great except for the crippling thing that it crashed a lot for me, so I never used it much. Were it not for it's continual crashing, I might have already made an RPG, but I blame my tools!

However, I doubt they'll port anything, somehow (although if they do, my guess would be a further patch that allows the compiling of executables to also do it as a Gamepark executable - by far the easiest way, I'd have thought. Still the problem of all the DLLs and what to do with them though. And ini files dumped somewhere in C:). Be nice if they do. They won't though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, TGF fully allows custom objects. They're identical to CNC objects, just renamed.

CNC was aimed at businesses, it didn't have the splash dialog at game end, it cost more, it had a timeline, and didn't come with game sprites. It was more for presentations. However it got dropped and MMF Lite was advertised instead,

Back