Key Logging

Pleng

I thought it might be mildly awesome to set up a key logging system on my Pandora and write a little script to upload the contents of the logfile to my dropbox, so should my Pandora ever get lost or stolen I should have a chance of recovering it, or at least discovering who may have it.

Theres no key logging software in the repos... would it be possible to hack one together in bash, that would still work even with X running?

hell, you could modify pndevmapperd to do something with all the keys its watching :p (it discards everythign it doesn't know about, but you could write them to a /tmp/file or something :p)

jeff

sounds interesting. where can i find pndecmapperd?

http://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pandora-libraries.git;a=blob;f=apps/pndevmapperd.c;h=2214aae86606653d7f332a90b1fe5e5c56d67d93;hb=3059196d8e4dc600832bacd8d8dcbdbb512e9b49

jeff

ahh its C code :( I was hoping it might just be a little bash script that I could add a 'cat $KEY >> somefile' or something similar to somewhere

anybody got any other ideas on how this might be achievable?

Pleng said:
wouldn't logging the Pandora's IP address be more useful?

Then you can take that info to the police who can get the ISP's to turn IP addresses into real addresses...

Last edited by a moderator:
chris_c said:
Pleng said:

Then you can take that info to the police who can get the ISP's to turn IP addresses into real addresses...

If the thief goes online that is.

Bosbeetle said:
If not you also have no chance to get something on that dropbox thingy you mentioned.

chris_c said:
Pleng said:

Unless they are connecting from an internet cafe, or you're in a country who wouldn't care two hoots about getting IP addresses to track wherabouts of Pandoras. Email addresses would be much more useful information.

Bosbeetle said:

To be fair it might not be a 'thief' as such. I have been known to leave phones and other such things lying around (yes, I know... be more careful). Could be that the person who found it would be be willing to part with it should I be able to contact them.

Back