Kazehakase

jlebrech

UFO Robot
I'm trying this browser out and it seems blindingly fast.

I've just come across it because chrome for linux isn't out yet and wanted to see what else was out there.

maybe someone could give it a compile for pandora? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
try arora and midori ... iirc kazehakase is KHTML based those i mentioned are webkit (and therefore forked from KHTML) based they get 100% on acid3 but are a bit crashier

unless you have qt 4.5 go for midori since it will be more functional

'cb88' said:
try arora and midori ... iirc kazehakase is KHTML based those i mentioned are webkit (and therefore forked from KHTML) based they get 100% on acid3 but are a bit crashier

unless you have qt 4.5 go for midori since it will be more functional
No, Kazehakase is not based on KHTML, it's Gecko or WebKit.
Wikipedia Kazehakase

For a few years I've been using Kazehakase whenever I need a lightweight browser but don't want to/can't go text based. It is fantastic for being simplistic and easy to use. I've never really liked Midori, but that might just be personal preference.

yeah, midori is getting an amazingly good browser. Hope instabilities will get fixed, soon.
hazehakaze will let you use different engines, not only khtml.

On the other hand, all browsers are currently on the trial for speed. Things may change quickly.

Who really needs something to run substantially faster than Firefox? In my experience I have never needed anything to load up faster than FF. If it loads up as fast as my old (regifted to me) Gateway computer from 2000 then I'm sure there's no problem.

midori supports flash XD...

oh and my bad about kazehakase being KHTML

software that wastes CPU cycles in great numbers is an abomination. firefox barely loads much less renders on a 300mhz PC where as the likes of midori and arora are more or less usable still could be better for instance the original firefox 2 without any plugins is about as fast it just isn't an option for security and compatibility reasons

The slowness of firefox 3 on a 300mhz CPU might have to do with Cairo rendering. Although it sounds weird, as I remember running Firefox 3 on a 300mhz PII and it was almost usable. Arora was much better and dillo was the fastest, but almost as bad as elinks at rendering.

We'll get fast browsers, don't you worry.

Back