Katamari

Emulated??? A PS2, PSP, or XBox 360 game? Or am I missing a platform it was on?

Or do you really mean an original game that's like Katamari Damacy? IMO Wiz doesn't have the controls for it, just like PSP didn't. Now for Pandora, that'd be interesting.

Katamari is a lovely little game.
I think the Japanese are the only ones who could think up something so wonderfully strange and make it into a working and fun game.

I've got it on my PS2 and game worked nicely on the PS2 Dualshock.

Like Exophase said, the Panda is really going to be the only current gen handheld that could do it.

Emulated? Never.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a brave developer try their hand at a homebrew 8 or 16bit de-make for Wiz. Could look something like the mobile title with a simplified control scheme.

http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/katamari_mobile.jpg

thanks for the replies!

emulated or homebrew.
i know the controls would be different on the wiz, but man i think it would be fun to see.
i love that game on the ps2, and i know i would love it on the bus, might make me a bit sick though..

if you can play marble madness on the wiz then you should be able to play katamari.
sort of the same control, right?

love to hear if anyone is attempting something like this.
oh and love this forum and love the wiz!
thanks.
matty

mattylu said:
if you can play marble madness on the wiz then you should be able to play katamari.
sort of the same control, right?
Not really. Marble Madness used a track ball in the arcades and simply used an eight directional d-pad when it came to home consoles. Katamari uses a dual analog control scheme which is much more difficult to emulate considering the Wiz has no analog sticks let alone two. The could alternatively mimic analog movement to the two d-pads which would control something like the PSP version of Katamari which always felt pretty awkward and uncomfortable. What I would like to see, assuming somebody is interested in a homebrew remake, is a completely new control scheme (I never liked how the original controlled in the first place) I think it would be better if one d-pad (on either side) moved forward, backward and strafed and maybe utilizing L and R for turning, I never understood why I had to hold both analog sticks in the same direction to move in the original.

Regardless, we can speculate all we want, I don't think anybody is actually going to bother attempting a Katamari remake for Wiz. Sorry to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
mattylu, can you replace that "--" in your user info? It isn't allowed in html comments, which sorta breaks things here n there. TA.

There's a "smells like 8bit" level at the end of one of the Katamari games. I'm sure that would be easy enough for the Wiz but I do't think anyone will bother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dN6oP13nI

Back