Release KAMI RETRO - half price weekend

I just tried the testbed. Every stroke I make registers a single down and a single up event es expected.

However, I noticed that the "drag" number goes up all the time while touching the screen. Even if I do not move the stylus it keeps increasing fast. Not sure if that means anything?

When using the Nubs as mouse the drag only goes up when moving the left nub while the right nub is held for a left-click.

Thanks for investigating!

I don't think think the font is horrible - I actually like it :)

I am also having difficulties playing Kami Retro.

The testbed seems to run as expected, though:

Put stylus on screen

"Down Events" increases by 1

"Drag Events" starts going up fast (it doesn't care if I move the stylus or not)

Move the stylus on the screen:

"Drag Events" continues to go up

Lift  the stylus off the screen:

"Up Events" increases by 1

"Drag Events" stops increasing.

Hope you are able to find out what causes that trouble in the game, since I really like it!

@EvilDragon @F_Slim @Gandi Well that blows that theory out of the water! The next thing I'll look at is providing a special version of KAMI RETRO with extra logging. I will post on this thread when it is ready.

Did anyone have trouble playing KAMI RETRO on a 600Mhz Pandora (CC or rebirth)?

I have a feeling it's something related to (some of) the new 1GHz touchscreens.  ED, can you try it on a 600Mhz one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an old screen in my 1GHzh.

It's not the screen.

Altogether, we have threee different screens in various Pandoras.

I have a 1 Ghz Pandora.

Probably with the "new" screen, I guess - but I don't really know...

I have a 1 GHz Pandora with the screen from my old Rebirth unit (I upgraded my old one).

I hoped to make a new build last night at home, and check it on my Pandora, however I ran out of time (got carried away working with apkenv and the night disappeared). However, I am now at work and have built KAMI RETRO against the latest code/data (same code used to make the test bed application). I haven't tested it on my Pandora, so apologies if it doesn't boot etc! Let me know if there is a major problem and I'll revert.

I don't really have any reason to expect this to magically fix the problem, but perhaps one of you (with the problem) could check this latest build (1.0.0.2):

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=com.pawprintgames.kamiretro

It is probably built against a later Code Sourcery tool chain than before, has some different Pandora libraries and has a couple of minor code changes (there is one code change that *could* be useful, essentially a frame after you jump, the physics system evaluated that you are touching the floor so ended the jump). This physics/jump fix however was to fix an issue where occasionally a jump gesture would be 'ignore' although you'd see the KAMI character go into his jump pose for a single frame, and then snap back to run. This isn't something that is visible in ED's video, so it doesn't sound like it is the same issue.

This build will probably have better battery life, as it should be a chunk less CPU intensive due to linking against better audio libraries.

Just made a quick test:

Seems to indeed have fixed the issue.

Whatever bug it was, it must've been something you fixed at some time ;)

@EvilDragon Really?! Wow, that's great. I'm very pleased! Hopefully you'll find the game more enjoyable now you can control it in a more sensible manner (I appreciate you'd still rather play with nubs/DPAD but looking at your previous video the game must have been awful to play before the fix).

It would be ace if anyone else who has the problem is able to test the build (when ever they have a chance) as it'd be nice to get a confirmation it is fixed for everyone.

I`m going in   :)

Is this a different version, because it`s not coming up in pndmanager as an update?

@EvilDragon Really?! Wow, that's great. I'm very pleased! Hopefully you'll find the game more enjoyable now you can control it in a more sensible manner (I appreciate you'd still rather play with nubs/DPAD but looking at your previous video the game must have been awful to play before the fix).
I'm fine playing it with the touchscreen. The stylus / nubs idea mostly was because the game was awful to play with touchscreen ;)

No, just log into the repo with the same username, you bought it with.

Should be downloadable.

I`m going in   :)

Is this a different version, because it`s not coming up in pndmanager as an update?
And it won't show up in PNDManager because it's a commercial application.

I was just thinking to look for the repo feedback thread too.   Am wondering if it would be possible to include paid commercial apps in the JSON based on the user's API key that PNDManage logs in with..

Milkshake?  you reading this?

- Neelix

I think it is possible to download it with PNDManager, if you provide your repoapi key to it.

Why do you have 2?
I had forgot my other username and password on the repo so I made up a new one. Then I recalled the older one so......the vitamins worked. :p

I am absentminded at times.

Last edited:
Back