JXD S5110 - An Ice Cream Sandwich hand-held

You might be shooting yourself in the foot as a company, but what if it worked? A device that could be inexpensively made (not cheaply) that met all of us mainstream niche (sounds contradictory I know, maybe common idiot?) gamers needs. I honestly think that might be more a direction you personally would want to go for a project based off things I've heard you say. I know the pandora and its following might not agree. But if you are targetting more of a mass market gaming handheld that didn't suck or rip off another existing device. Not sucking up but you know how to make things happen, and have visions that maybe be beyond the scope of what you're currently capable of doing with the resources you have.

make a device that was open to development, but maybe not so focused on being so increadably open and hackable. Worked hardware wise, but wasn't just absolutely the best hardware part for part you could find. Something that just worked, was extremely pocket portable, and didn't need a super dedicated group of developers to help maintain. Decent specs and could be mass produced. And most importantly, was comfortable to use. I think this is what some of us are after... maybe not all of us, but I'm sure some of us. It might be possible if you got good in with a company over there with those resouces available.

it's a long shot thought... but still a thought.

We have tried this before, with GPH.

I've also spoken to some of these Chinese manufacturers to try to open up the possibility of making a machine for us.

With GPH they just live in some dreamland and won't listen to anything suggested.

With the Chinese companies I put in $5k and went round in circles.

'why so many keys' 'we just use on screen keyboard' 'not use both joysticks, just use one' 'use smaller screen'

etc. etc.

It's frustratingly impossible to get them to do what you want, possibly because they only know how to do one thing.

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been on lately, been reallly extremely busy these days.

Hope everyone is good. I was wondering if you guys have the new JXD S5110

i currently have the JXD S601, but i don't like the touch screen. I think the new

JXD has a umm... forgot the name of it but i think the touch screen is easy

and not have to push down hard on it, hopefully its like my iPhone touchscreen

Also Do any of you you guys proudly own one of these bad boys? It doesn't

have a super heavy gloss finish on the paint job.... i hope it isn't slick like my

JXD s601. I dropped it so manytimes its mad crazy! Can't even sit up in the bed

and play games or surf the web because it slips out my hands :( Like a wet

bar of soap as i say. Really looking forward to making my next JXD Purchase..

Hopefully it's NTSC ready..... Need to get another HDMI cable :D

Thanks in advance guys i can always count on you all

for help! You guys are the greatest help in the world

with open source consoles..

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The screen's resistive, JXD lied. I wondered why it was so cheap.

Willgoo are offering refunds for those who don't want to put up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... how is it Sony?

How do these JXD devices work anyway, are most of the emulators Android emus or some weird pre-installed chinese emus?

Was considering this but wanted to hear a few reviews. How big is it? How are the speeds? How is it as a general purpose Android app runner? Do most Android apps support the attached controls?

Thanks for any insight anyone can share.

Cheers,

Mike

It's extremely disappointing to say the least. :(

1. They're Android emus, e.g. SNESoid, N64oid, etc...So, no weird Chinese ones to be found, thankfully.

2. It's the same size as a PS Vita.

3. The speed is not up to scratch, as it is underclocked to 600Mhz and not running at the 1Ghz that was advertised to run at. But all good, really.

4. It does it's job well generally, nothing more, nothing less.

5. If you're talking about USB OTG, well, I haven't tried it yet, sorry.

You're welcome to ask me billions more questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Cheers.

It's extremely disappointing to say the least. :(

1. They're Android emus, e.g. SNESoid, N64oid, etc...So, no weird Chinese ones to be found, thankfully.

2. It's the same size as a PS Vita.

3. The speed is not up to scratch, as it is underclocked to 600Mhz and not running at the 1Ghz that was advertised to run at. But all good, really.

4. It does it's job well generally, nothing more, nothing less.

5. If you're talking about USB OTG, well, I haven't tried it yet, sorry.

You're welcome to ask me billions more questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Cheers.

Well that's disappointing... Although it did sound too good to be true, tbh. :(

Back