Just Wondering If We've Heard From The Factory.....

stormlooptopic.gif

knokploeg.gif

EDIT: @Kyosys ..nein.

What is the factory's deal?

If they have gone back to work, they should have gotten about 1,500 cases done. If not, just tell us.... we're big kids, we can handle it. The factory should keep their customers (ie: CraigX, ED, everyone who purchased one) in the loop. Do they have other jobs ahead of us? Is there some other reason they haven't started?

Please note the above rant only applies to the factory and not the devs... AFAIC.

Bigun said:
What is the factory's deal?

If they have gone back to work, they should have gotten about 1,500 cases done. If not, just tell us.... we're big kids, we can handle it. The factory should keep their customers (ie: CraigX, ED, everyone who purchased one) in the loop. Do they have other jobs ahead of us? Is there some other reason they haven't started?

Please note the above rant only applies to the factory and not the devs... AFAIC.
I'm guessing that they will reply with a "the 10000 cases are now done" once the 10000 cases are actually done, instead of saying "we currently have 1678 cases done" or "we've had some other things to do, so we're making 1500 tomorrow" or "we're actually busy doing these 10000 cases instead of tweeting the status every 2 hours".
I don't see why the factory would have to give out every bit of information when they're not finished yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
NLS said:
I don't see why the factory would have to give out every bit of information when they're not finished yet.

+1

Every minute they spend holding your hand is a minute distracting them from delivering products to their clients.

Kicker said:
NLS said:

+1

Every minute they spend holding your hand is a minute distracting them from delivering products to their clients.

Except it's been two days... getting a status update after nearly half the work period is over isn't asking a lot. That thing you call "holding your hand" is called responsible management. I handle coding projects myself and I have to take nearly half a day out of my week just to update the command staff with updates... it's part of the job.

And I want to re-iterate: I'm not bitching at the devs

Bigun, I think each business model considers how often they need to release updates rather differently. And in this case I'm not too surprised at what feels like the low amount of communication since we don't know if they have talked to OP lately or not. What we know is that they likely haven't, which is why we don't have any updates.

Honestly, I think just waiting for the weekend seems rather appropriate as there is little that we can do here except complain. And while I've long considered canceling my order, I think the progress is still good enough that until I'm willing to end up on contract for a droid I've no other reasonable options and so will simply wait.

WizardStan said:
chris_r said:
Well if they had heard anything they would've have told us already. Craig and ED have been pretty quick on the twitter updates lately.
Actually, they've had a pretty consistent track record of not saying anything for 2 or 3 days after they've found out.
Of course, it's usually bad news that they're delaying...
No, once they tell us something, we'll immediately ask for more. It's much easier to just wait a few days sitting on one thing then to have to give something new everyday!

I'd be nice before the end of the month. but seriously if they knew they would tell us, just continue to be patient. If you can't be patient, give up, or hug a rabbit. :lol:

Kloplop321 said:
Just get here before the end of march please...

+1

I would like to have it before my holiday to Gambia! :D

ndbsolar said:
fraseyboy said:
I would like to have it before my holiday to Japan! :p

I'm going to Malaysia in 3 weeks... I know it's going to arrive when I am away :(
Well i'm sorry to say ndbsolar but I hope you have really bad luck. I'd LOVE for it to arrive in 3 weeks.

Back