Just Wondering If We've Heard From The Factory.....

jonlad1

Any news from the factory yesterday?

Things running smoothly, or have we just not heard anything.

I thought with all the hubub going on, I'd try change the subject :D

We as a community deserve some (other than libPND) good news! Ring the factory (reverse charges)!

Yeah, maybe some good news would lower the testosterone floating around in the forums! ;)

Chris

kingoddball said:
We as a community deserve some (other than libPND) good news! Ring the factory (reverse charges)!

How dare you ask about the factory at a time like this? Don't you know that they'd tell us right away if they knew any more!?

What's your order number?

Edit: I just realized how silly this looks as a member with 8 posts...sucks to be a lurker.

Last edited by a moderator:
JHemperly said:
kingoddball said:

How dare you ask about the factory at a time like this? Don't you know that they'd tell us right away if they knew any more!?

What's your order number?

Edit: I just realized how silly this looks as a member with 8 posts...sucks to be a lurker.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yep! I like this new meme!!
Made me chuckle for a while.

I stand by my comment. RING CHINA! I want info on cases! Way too long without an update.

Edit: Post count don't matter - It's still piss funny!

In before speculation war when craig types the word "Factory", and posts it here.

If you want to know how it's going then work it out. It's been 1 day (not including the weekend), the cases will take a minimum of 4 days to make, there is likely a few days set up time, they likely have lots of other stuff to be producing.

tl;dr It's been 1 day, leave the Chinese alone so they can get back to making stuff.

chris_r said:
If you want to know how it's going then work it out. It's been 1 day (not including the weekend), the cases will take a minimum of 4 days to make, there is likely a few days set up time, they likely have lots of other stuff to be producing.

tl;dr It's been 1 day, leave the Chinese alone so they can get back to making stuff.

Before you start having a cry, I was simply enquiring as to whether ED/Craig/Michael have heard anything or could tell us anything else.

At what point did I demand to know when they would complete the cases or try to stop the Chinese completing the cases to inform me?

We can just hope they send the first 4000 soon, and then they can mass produce.

jonlad1 said:
Before you start having a cry, I was simply enquiring as to whether ED/Craig/Michael have heard anything or could tell us anything else.

At what point did I demand to know when they would complete the cases or try to stop the Chinese completing the cases to inform me?
Well if they had heard anything they would've have told us already. Craig and ED have been pretty quick on the twitter updates lately.
Companies only tend to contact customers during their order if there's been a problem. I don't think it's likely that they're going to phone up just to say "We've finished calibrating the machinery" or "The parts are still popping out of the machine, just like yesterday". That would be a waste of time and money.

And no you didn't ask when they would be complete, but what else do you really want to know from the factory? The pressure they're injecting at? The mixture of plastics they're using? All you really need to know from the factory is when your product is shipping or if there's been a problem.

Next time I order from Amazon I'm going to phone them hourly to find out if there's any news.

chris_r said:
jonlad1 said:

Well if they had heard anything they would've have told us already. Craig and ED have been pretty quick on the twitter updates lately.
Companies only tend to contact customers during their order if there's been a problem. I don't think it's likely that they're going to phone up just to say "We've finished calibrating the machinery" or "The parts are still popping out of the machine, just like yesterday". That would be a waste of time and money.

And no you didn't ask when they would be complete, but what else do you really want to know from the factory? The pressure they're injecting at? The mixture of plastics they're using? All you really need to know from the factory is when your product is shipping or if there's been a problem.

I want the name, address, credit card number, and home phone # of each factory technician so that i can call them at dinner and demand that they get back to work because I can't wait any longer for my pandora. I'd also tell them that they don't deserve to eat until it's finished and cancel their credit card. ;)

All kidding aside, i think we're all just starved for any kind of real concrete info and are now asking for completely unreasonable info. Having said that, if we don't hear anything about the cases at the end of next week (yes, next week. Patience, grasshoppers.) then i'd say we can reasonable scream for more info. Sit tight, buckle up, and enjoy the last bit of the ride. We're almost there. Seriously.

chris_r said:
Actually, they've had a pretty consistent track record of not saying anything for 2 or 3 days after they've found out.
Of course, it's usually bad news that they're delaying...

WizardStan said:
chris_r said:
Actually, they've had a pretty consistent track record of not saying anything for 2 or 3 days after they've found out.
Of course, it's usually bad news that they're delaying...

It's this kind of thing that's actually kept me lurking...unfortunately there's nothing we can do or say to change that bad news. Since this board has been nothing but flame wars, i've just had no desire to contribute any flame-bait so i've kept quiet. I really hope that these forums are just oozing with happiness and good info once we all have our Pandoras in hand.

I'll take some good news, something less than 2 more months, 2 more weeks and/or dead felines, and a whole lot of shut the f(_)ck up if you don't have anything good to say.

Peace & flowers,

Link

We've repeatedly been told that they will crank out 1000 per day so i'm expecting them to be finished and shipped by next week sometime. That is, until we're informed of the new delay.

Back