Just Got A Ps2!

Website
Visit site
I just got a PS2 and bought Swap Magic Coder 3.8. I will hopefully get it by Friday or Saturday. In the meantime im "backing" up some games. Does any one have some suggestions of games I should "backup"?

Also can you play emu's with swap magic?

god or war 1/2
def jam fight for ny
alter echo
maximo/ army of zin
tekken 5
nba street vol 2
true crime
XIII
dead to rights
max payne 1/2
devil may cry 1/3
bloodrayne
zone of the enders 1/2
onimusha 1/2/3
rise to honor
mark of kri
mgs2: substance
FFX/FFX-2
jak 1/2/3

and almost all of those are from my collection, which I paid for, with money..

also: what is swap magic, and how much $?

Hey swap magic looks cool. I may consider buying a PS2 again now (my lil bro stole mine :( ). It says you need a non-solder modchip. How does that work?

The PS2 is a great deal right now. I have an XBox 360 and I honestly can't tell the difference between the PS2s graphics and the 360 (I am using a normal TV).

My must have PS2 games are:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Gran Turismo 4
Final Fantasy XII

They are all PS1 sequals but still very good. The Eye Toy is great fun with some friends and a few drinks too as are those Sing Star games but the novelty does wear off after a while.

I don't know where you got that non-solder modchip thingy from, but Swap Magic is a commercial version of the "knife trick" you can use with the independence exploit. You boot up the Swap Magic disc, change the DVDs without opening the Playstation 2 and boot up the "backup".

The non-solder modchips, by the way, are said to be incredibly bad.

Final Fantasy X and XII. Avoid X-2, it is the lemonparty of the final fantasy series.

I don't know about Mod Chips, but as I said: You swith the DVD without opening the DVD drive. If you do open the drive, it will test the disc again, that's why you don't do it. There's a slide card (=knife trick) for the older, big models or some little metal glue-on thingies that depress the switches in the newer model.

It's really cheap and I have used it for about a year without any problems.

I don't have a Swap Magic, but I do have the Independence Exploit, and it's excellent. I can boot backups from my HDD, play homebrew, DivX, etc. etc. Also, the exploit allows me to boot 'backup' DVDs with a homemade knife-trick card (which I cut out of an old credit card and subsequently lost). There's a template somewhere, all you need to do is take the front off the drive and look for the pin.

the swap magic i got is a dvd for dvd games, a cd for cd games and a swap tool, you have to remove the front plate off the disc tray, then load up swapmagic, stick the slide tool in on the right hand side, slide it across then pull, you then have to wrench the disc tray out, put your backup in, push in the disc tray, slide tool back in, this time from left to right, press 0, and the game loads up, i dunno if it messes the disc tray mechanism after prolonged use, but it dont sound too good when you pull it out. its totally different method for slimline though.

oh yeah, games i liked:

guitar hero 1-2 (fun even with just a pad)
mad maestro
metal gear solid 2
gregory horror show
amplitude/frequency
devil may cry series
res evil 4
parraper 2
tekken series

Try:

Ace Combat 04
Ace Combat 05: The Unsung War

Def Jam Vendetta
Def Jam: Fight for NY

Freedom Fighters

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Gran Turismo 4

Jak 3

Katamari Damacy

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (same as normal MGS2, but has amazing extra features)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (same as normal MGS3, but has online modes and extra features)

Midnight Club Racing
Midnight Club 2

Mortal Combat: Deception

NBA Street (all of the games are good, get the latest and save your self some space on your HDD)

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

Ratchet & Clank (all of them are wonderfully executed)

Resident Evil 4

Smuggler's Run
Smuggler's Run 2: Hostile Territory

SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals 2
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals 3 (you can use the "cross talk" feature which unlocks items if you have a psp)

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (sames as VF4, but has a few extra characters and items)

Zone of the Enders (short but good game)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (short but good game)

And the list just goes on and on.... B)

Goity said:
Nova lies, FFX-2 is an excellent game and a worthy sequel to FFX.
I would go further and say it is actually better than FFX, which is the worst FF game I have played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back