Jtag Flashing

i need help flashing my gp2x. i run the .exe but the device id is either 0x00000000 or 0xFFFFFFFF
i know the series of F means my gp2x isnt connected right but what about the 0's and how to I fix this? thanks

They both generally mean the same thing - unable to communicate with target.

Basically, all 0xF's mean no communication at all (lines are being pulled up to vcc, but no comms) and all 0x0's can mean even the pullup resistors arn't working, or the arm core is locked up solid.

Solution: Recheck your cabling, ensure power is sufficient, etc.

checked the cables, power. everything seems fine. any other ideas? here's the exact output
4ucxtp1.jpg

Hi.
Looking at the screen I would suggest giveio is not installed correctly or you are using Vista !

Good Luck

Dave

There's nothing wrong with your giveio, otherwise you would get an error message such as "Couldn't access giveio device".

I'd therefore still say you need to recheck your cabling - perhaps the parallel cable you have doesn't have all the pins connected?

the description says 15-feet DB25 Male to Db25 male printer cable, straight-through cable assembly for printer switch boxes, OEM

checked the connections. any problem with my bios possibly?

15 feet? That seems a little long for JTAG.

I'd check to make sure all 25 connectors are populated and not crossed over.
If it's fine, then maybe chop it down to 1 meter or so. 15 feet is about 4 and a half meters, which may introduce too much noise, specially if it goes near any power supply cables.

Also, BIOS usually has support for ECP, EPP, SPP (recalling from memory, so if you find something different, I may have recalled incorrectly), so you may want to try each of those.

Back