Jtag Flashing Page At Cobbleware

Robster

Dodgy hardware mod maker
Website
www.cobbleware.com
Hey all,

In response to a few posts lately I've put a JTAG Flashing page at cobbleware. It's still a bit basic, but I make it prettier over the next few days. ;)

I'd be interested to hear of anyone that uses this and manages to flash their GP32. Maybe we can get a group of people who can flash broken GP32s, so that people don't have to send their GP32 half way around the world to get fixed! :D

When I change or update the bios, it makes me felt so scary.
This information can be an insurance.

Please kindly keep up the good work!!

I dont think mash would offer this anytime soon, he made it clear he isnt doing the ram upgrade becuase he wants everyone to know the website isnt just for gp32 , hope he does it eventually tho, sweet emulators

~Octavious

DJWillis posted on Apr 20 2004 at 02:41 PM said:
If I can get my JTAG cable working I don't mind offering bad-flash fixes to UK based people.
Why not the wester Europe as well at the same time? Postage difference is 10euros max to any place in Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
sumthing you might want to add, most people can't get ahold of the connectors...sooo, i'm pretty sure that there are other places on the board (try darkfaders site) where you could temporarily solder the jtag cable to...just in case you are desperate to fix it... ;)

mr.spiv posted on Apr 20 2004 at 04:59 PM said:
Why not the western Europe as well at the same time? Postage difference is 10euros max to any place in Europe.
If I get the JTAG working it sounds reasonable. Shame my soldering it crap ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great start for fixing bungled flashes. I might try mine someday knowing that there is a "safety net" for it.

One thing though, while the electronics part seems pretty simple, all of the code related stuff has got me baffled. Compiling and stuff are not my bag. Is there some GP32 code gurus out there that could make the software more dumbed down for non-devs? It would be nice to have a program that allows you to pick from a FW file and then flash your FW just by pointing and clicking in a little Windows/Mac utility.

Back