Release JOSM - Java Open Street Map editor

Hello, I am getting this in my pndrun_josm.out

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/PandoraCard/pandora/menu/josm.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/PandoraCard/pandora/appdata/josm

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : ./run_josm.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/josm"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PandoraCard/pandora/appdata/josm=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/josm=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/josm"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( ./run_josm.sh  ) ----------

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 549: ./run_josm.sh: Permission denied

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( ./run_josm.sh  ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/josm': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

obviuosly, josm does not run

Too bad this don't work yet.  This could be really awesome!

Is there a way, for example, to enter your current location as, say, a U.S. Zip Code...and then have it bring up a map of, say 20 miles in each direction....and then have it so that, by use of the D-Pad, you could move to the adjacent map as you are traveling?  Not quite a GPS but not a bad little help.

By the way, where is it getting it's map data from?  Does the map data ever get updated?

@Seany, Works fine for me.. do you have the Java PND installed?

@Kumaki, If you go to Download from OSM.. then it will bring up a map you can select where you want by navigating the map or there is a tab called "Areas around places" you can enter an address or zipcode and it will find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.  someone up above said it didn't work, that was enough to make me not try it.

I get scared of things that do not work right - right away.

See the Pandafe thread to know exactly WHY this scares me.  I had to re-format my entire Slot1 card because of a screwup on Pandafe.

It took me over two hours to move everything I wanted OFF the card...then format it to get rid of a file that would NOT delete...and then move everything BACK to the re-formatted card.

This is why things that do not work right...right away...scare me.  I don't want to have to go through that again, okay?  I'm NOT a programmer.  I have little idea of what I'm actually doing.  More often than not, when I get something to work, I did a little educated bumbling to make it happen.  But I'm not very good at it.

it should be clear that a java app to edit map is not going to screw anything on your pandora. dont just assume it does not work just Because one person says so.

JOSM most likely didn't work for that guy because the Java PND wasn't installed..

Also being a programmer still doesn't make you understand a *nix based operating system.. I know programmers at work that are good at coding for their respective job, but have a lot of issues dealing with their workstations. The only way to learn is to try things, sometimes you break things to learn. I know I have broke a lot of things in the progress of learning.

JOSM is a cool piece of software, but I'm not sure what I'd use it for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seany: I think I remember you got your Pandora second hand. Did you change the username, or did you leave it as it was or do a fresh install? "Permission denied" errors are typical of changing the username, not all PNDs handle it gracefully.

Hi

I have Java.pnd insalled, on the same card, and the oracle java is written in Nand, not the openjdk, as the pndrun file showes, java is found as well..

Nightvision and geogebra and yacas etc are working fine.

And yes, I changed username, hostname, pw, etc. 

I guess that could be the case, what changes can I administrate before braving a fresh Install?

Well it's hopefully not something that needs to be done often, only in this case because Seany's Pandora had a previous owner. Once the reflash is complete the first time there shouldn't be any problems.

On that note, I haven't done anything with it but I don't see any problems with JOSM yet. Maybe tonight I'll give it a good test.

done, solved. but during the first boot, after the boot completed, and got the *wizard* started, it asked me to calibrate the screen. After which the machine just froze for about 8 min. I restarted using the pandora button+power button flicking technique ...

i am worried i might have done something wrong, although i dont see any odd behavior yet..

That's weird but so long as everything is working you should be fine. Worst case you can always reflash it again.

Back