Joining The Army For A Bit...

Hey, I was in the Luftwaffe, too. I was stationed in Budel, Holland...

Oh I should mention, I hate the Bundeswehr ;)
did it for three month and then seven month Zivildienst :D that (Zivildienst) was the coolest part of my life, yet.

Glad we don't have national service over here. That must really suck being forced into doing 12 months armed forces service. I would absolutly detest having to do it.

Whats the deal if your dual nationality my mates half greek and although he has never lived there but holds a greek passport as wel as a uk one. Says he can't ever visit greece cause he might get called up.. is this true? Luckily as although im half german im Uk national only so im safe although my surname gives it away a bit :p

@fishbong.. noticed you location is wiebaden, thats where my dad lives/born very pretty city. Some beautiful old villas, make fantasic apartments. Although the night life round there lacks atmosphere, every where seems really quiet on a friday or sunday night? Also found all the shops to be pretty much empty on a saturday afternoon, very strange . :blink:

skysnapper posted on Jul 23 2005 at 11:34 PM said:
Although the night life round there lacks atmosphere, every where seems really quiet on a friday or sunday night? Also found all the shops to be pretty much empty on a saturday afternoon, very strange . :blink:
Nightlife lacks atmosphere?????
Wiesbaden is the Reggae capital of Germany (also called "Weedbaden" ;)), if you are into Reggae/Dancehall you won´t comlain...

And yes, the shops are sometimes a bit empty, that´s because half of the populace of Wiesbaden is shopping in Mainz on the weekends...

If you visit Wiesbaden, be sure to spend some time at the Schlachthof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong posted on Jul 23 2005 at 11:47 PM said:
Nightlife lacks atmosphere?????
Wiesbaden is the Reggae capital of Germany (also called "Weedbaden" ;)), if you are into Reggae/Dancehall you won´t comlain...

And yes, the shops are sometimes a bit empty, that´s because half of the populace of Wiesbaden is shopping in Mainz on the weekends...

If you visit Wiesbaden, be sure to spend some time at the Schlachthof.

by lacks atmosphere i meanthe bars and pubs seem quite empty and quiet in the town center..

unfortunatly when i go over its too visit my dad not sure its really his scene ;)

Generally go to the andechser pub under the town hall.. cause i love andechser dunkel beer :D

Quiest posted on Jul 21 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
That f*ckin picture is still there!
I'd object to the image being right there on the thread, where it takes people by surprise who do not want to see it, but as long as it's a link with ample warning next to it (eg. "NOT SAFE FOR EYES"), then it is the decision of the viewer whether they want to see it or not. I don't really see why the link was deleted, to be honest... :unsure:

Back