Jedi Knight on Pandora! First Pictures!!

Very nice game, I've enjoyed it on PC, also the 3. game "Jedi Academy" but never played the first jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2 or so).

Hm, I feel more and more outdated with my poor old classic CC Pandora with only 600MHz and 256MB RAM... :unsure:   I guess the game will never run fluidly there, even with massive OC.
I tried it (shortly, just 5min) on a CC, and it's playable, with the "standard" 800MHz OC, and without Swapfile. Of course, playing on a Gigahertz is better. Time to upgrade maybe ;)
I have hope that it maybe can be optimized more, wasn't it the Quake 3 engine? Quake 3 runs perfectly fluid on my CC Pandora, even without OC, and Quake 1 ran even on my 266MHz GP2X, still very impressive. :)

At least the games can be adjusted in details, I remember I had to reduce the light effects in JK2 (bloom and such things) even on my old PC back then but you usualy get the games fast enough. ^^

Here's a video !!
Lol, in french?. :D Nice, then it should also work with other languages, the german dub version was well made with professional Voice Actors and in Jedi Academy was even Luke's "original" german voice from the Movies. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fusion Power, it may be based on QUake 3 tech but probably further improved. The Quake3 engine was used until much later and was updated several time for new games. So Quake 3 running well does not mean anything towards other games using the engine.

The improvement of the engine concern animations of characters mainly. The framerates are very good when walking alone in coridors (by very good, I mean 60+ fps), but it slow down when fighting many people.

Anyway, the 256Mo of the CC that can be the most limiting factor, you have to use very low texture quality for the level to fit the memory, and even in the small screen of the Pandora, you see the difference between "low" and "medium" settings, so fps is not all that count.

That person lives in a very special universe. I'm glad that it isn't this universe:)

I.. have... seen... the... video... :eek:  (I will remain like this for hours)

EDIT:

@_wb_ : I've read the article, and I'm asking myself if "Morrowind" should be more a Dark Forces game or a Doom one... :D

^

So you will not join the closed Beta.

Just starring at the screen isn't helpful.

And if you actually play the game you surely will remain :eek: for days.

:D

Actually my lcd cable is totally dead, so for a while my panda will remain useful just for server purposes... I'm... trying... to wait... for the tv cables before sending the unit... but I don't know for how much I can still resist

Send it in.

I'll change the LCD-cable within one week.

Tv-out cables won't be out before Jedi Knight releases.

If you send your Pandora right now there is a chance you'll get it back before your TV-out cable arrives (depends on where you live).

Include a message for me so that I know I have to express repair :) .

Thanks for your availability, anyway I'm not so in a hurry right now, I have a little time to deal with the post office, because I never sent a pack before and I need to ask some info first.

Hm, I feel more and more outdated with my poor old classic CC Pandora with only 600MHz and 256MB RAM... :unsure:   I guess the game will never run fluidly there, even with massive OC.
I guess it will run well on a CC Pandora overclocked to ~1GHz.  Might need some tweaking.  Native ported games can run much faster than emulation.

Is there anyone in the closed beta with a classic Pandora to try it out?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

There are CC in the closed beta. It runs, but yu have to set texture to lowest setting, and remove all effect. So it's seems it's playable but all in all a lesser exerience than on Gigahertz. No tests has been done on a Rebirth.

is the limiting factor the ram size or the gpu speed? and if it is the gpu speed can you try it with a sligthly overclocked gpu (like 133 mhz instead of 110 mhz). with the ram boost it should help a bit. 

and if the gpu speed is the limiting factor, can include a question on startup in the pnd on rebirth / cc pandoras if they want to overlock to 133 / 120 / not to overclock. black shades is doing it allready for the cpu speed.

is the limiting factor the ram size or the gpu speed? and if it is the gpu speed can you try it with a sligthly overclocked gpu (like 133 mhz instead of 110 mhz). with the ram boost it should help a bit. 

and if the gpu speed is the limiting factor, can include a question on startup in the pnd on rebirth / cc pandoras if they want to overlock to 133 / 120 / not to overclock. black shades is doing it allready for the cpu speed.
About the testing, I let the tester .. tests... depending on the result, I can try some "automatic" GPU overclock. Not sure the GPU is the limiting factor anyway, at least not on the Gigahertz Pandora.

Back