Java Not Working

When I try and run the launcher.sh file for the Java run times, I essentially get through about 1/5th of the loader bar, and then it just quits its self. It flashes black for a few seconds and then returns to the firmware. Can any one think of a cause for this?

LegendaryMachine said:
When I try and run the launcher.sh file for the Java run times, I essentially get through about 1/5th of the loader bar, and then it just quits its self. It flashes black for a few seconds and then returns to the firmware. Can any one think of a cause for this?
What game are you trying to run? Are the javavm and java-cp dir in the root of your SD card? Is the game in the jamvm dir?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nagelfar said:
LegendaryMachine said:
What game are you trying to run? Are the javavm and java-cp dir in the root of your SD card? Is the game in the jamvm dir?

I'm just trying to boot the launcher in the jammvm dir. It's on the root of my SD card.

LegendaryMachine said:
Nagelfar said:
LegendaryMachine said:

I'm just trying to boot the launcher in the jammvm dir. It's on the root of my SD card.

Ok lets see, jammvm is in root? java-cp is in root? What _exactly_ happens if you try to start the launcher?

I all ready said. It begins to load and then gets a little bit into the loading of Java, and then turns black for a few seconds and boots me back to the launcher.

LegendaryMachine said:
I all ready said. It begins to load and then gets a little bit into the loading of Java, and then turns black for a few seconds and boots me back to the launcher.
Hmm, weird, never had that problem. Perhaps delete the jamvm and java-cp folder and copy them again?

i don't think anyone's ever mentioned the java loader not working on a particular firmware. definitely try to reinstall, and if that doesn't work, do a format of your sd card since they will get corrupt sectors now and again. just to rule that stuff out.

Back