Java Emulator

Svalfio

Still Fresh
Hi everybody.. As in the title, it would be possible to have an emulator on the wiz for java and/or symbian and ngage games? it would be great.. Maybe, I don't know, porting the GP2X one
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,14,1841
or Phoneme.. Sorry if I said stupid things :) .. bye

I actually would kinda like an nokia n-gage emulator. Would love pocket kingdom and tony hawk for the n-gage phone on my gp2x wiz. But I think just those two games alone would be worth it for someone to go through the efforts of emulating it.

Hi guys, If you look in the Gp2x forums you will see that someone is indeed working on porting PhoneME (with support for sound, additional heap, and 3d)to the Wiz! Please join in on the threads there and give him encouragement. :)

original thread to read!

To give hopefully drastically more incentive to encourage him, heres some awesome news:

Multimedia Fusion 2 (Developer version) can now export the games or apps you make as java for mobile devices (J2me)! I've already begun working on a game for Wiz and Gp2x (hopefully Dingoo) as well that will run on these devices via a customized PhoneME.

I'm trying to prepair a really strong demo for the Click convention (about 1.5 months away)to reveal to the click comunity that they can create games for these great handhelds! Hopefully this will bring a flood of new and original games (and indy game developers like myself) to this comunity and these open devices.

Already with a non-overclocked Gp2x and the older version of phoneME I have a platformer going with layered (paralaxed) scrolling and many large characters on screen. All of the nice gp2x, Wiz, or Dingoo buttons can be programmed for, so these games designed specifically for these handhelds can play much better than games designed specifically for cellphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's seems wonderful  B)

I wrote a tutorial to use phoneME (current version) with Wiz:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53395-phoneme-for-wiz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back