Java Development

thp024

Still Fresh
Hi, i've used the search on the forums and not really found anything useful, i've also looked through the archives on the .de site and a few other file sites but i was hoping someone would be able to give me a definitive answer...

I'd like to know if there is a fairly simple, usable and importantly stable way of developing, compiling and running Java programs all on the GP2X itself?

Links to files / tutorials and any personal experience or knowledge on the subject is hugely appreciated.

Cheers all.

You can use GP2X write for writing, although I doubt thered be a compiler, it would be really slow

thpmachina said:
Hi, i've used the search on the forums and not really found anything useful, i've also looked through the archives on the .de site and a few other file sites but i was hoping someone would be able to give me a definitive answer...

I'd like to know if there is a fairly simple, usable and importantly stable way of developing, compiling and running Java programs all on the GP2X itself?

Links to files / tutorials and any personal experience or knowledge on the subject is hugely appreciated.

Cheers all.
Why for fucks sake would you want to develope and compile ON the GP2x? Even so I can answer your question, no, there's no way to do this.
If you meant develope FOR the 2x I would like to point you here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38895

Last edited by a moderator:
Nagelfar said:
Why for fucks sake would you want to develope and compile ON the GP2x? Even so I can answer your question,
Maybe he wants to code on the way to school/uni/work/etc ?

Squidge said:
Nagelfar said:
Why for fucks sake would you want to develope and compile ON the GP2x? Even so I can answer your question,
Maybe he wants to code on the way to school/uni/work/etc ?

Maybe he should get a laptop, then. There's no reason whatsoever to program on a handheld like the 2x besides "artistic" reasons.

But to reiterate, it is not possible.

Back