Japanese Magazine Releases Web Browser For The Psp

I have no idea how the internet works on a PSP, so I'm not going to say it sucks or whatever.

But "i'm going to set up WIFI in my house" suggests to me that it needs a nearby remote internet connection, which seems like a waste of time to me.

if you have dsl with a wireless router then your already set up. I for one would like to browse the interent while laying in bed or on the couch since I don't have a laptop.

LHC posted on Jul 17 2005 at 09:52 AM said:
But "i'm going to set up WIFI in my house" suggests to me that it needs a nearby remote internet connection, which seems like a waste of time to me.
They're good for online multiplayer, too. I'm going to be setting one up once I have the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, browsing on the psp isn't so good, and why use it at your house when you can use your pc??? maybe when you're at school or work or something.

I'd use it at my house because all 6 of us are always fighting to use the one computer in our home. With the wifi and the web browser, I could just goto my room and relax on my bed while searching the web.(that's really all I use my comp for anymore)

but if this was to be released anytime soon would you be able to like go on this forem and make posts from the psp? or (im not saying i would but) like go on something like habbo, im just asking, i hate habbo but im just asking if its capable of doing so?

tekt5 posted on Jul 17 2005 at 07:13 PM said:
yeah, browsing on the psp isn't so good, and why use it at your house when you can use your pc??? maybe when you're at school or work or something.

I'd use it at my house because all 6 of us are always fighting to use the one computer in our home. With the wifi and the web browser, I could just goto my room and relax on my bed while searching the web.(that's really all I use my comp for anymore)

yeah, i see. have you tried using the wipeout browser? it's alright, and i have to admit i enjoyed reading a review from hardocp while lying in bed :D

junker posted on Jul 17 2005 at 07:47 AM said:

This has been my oppinion on this from day one... I mean if it wasn't reliant on a wireless router and you could use it ANYWHERE then yeah I could see this being sweet, as it is now I just dont' see any real use to it when it sucks compared to just browsing on my comp.

Mag arrived this morning and TBH the demo and browser are shite the demo is heavyly language orientated so as im not fluent in Japanese its a no go for me and the browser only allows you to visit the magazines web page no others. Ill try to get some scans of the mag up tonight

johnno15 posted on Jul 19 2005 at 06:58 PM said:
Mag arrived this morning and TBH the demo and browser are shite the demo is heavyly language orientated so as im not fluent in Japanese its a no go for me and the browser only allows you to visit the magazines web page no others. Ill try to get some scans of the mag up tonight

Can you change the DNS settings, like in Wipeout's?

Still, it's rather disapointing.

tekt5 posted on Jul 18 2005 at 02:07 AM said:
wipeout has a browser? :blink:

yeah it does, a very slow one, though.
not an official browser, but you can use the download page to browse after changing some address settings to point to a psp web portal for example.

Mark posted on Jul 19 2005 at 06:42 PM said:
johnno15 posted on Jul 19 2005 at 06:58 PM said:

Can you change the DNS settings, like in Wipeout's?

Still, it's rather disapointing.

as far as i know no allthough as ive said im not fluent in japanese and all the options are in jap im trying out all the options now but its not looking good

Back