Jaguarrrr

miseryguts1969

Still Fresh
Recently dug out the Jag for some Tempest 2K, (Met the Yak once, complete Arse but the game is sublime) - if memory serves correctly wasn't there at some point a wip of T2K for GP2X and Pandora.

Does anyone know if it's still happening?, this should look and play beautifully on Pandora.

miseryguts1969 said:
Recently dug out the Jag for some Tempest 2K, (Met the Yak once, complete Arse but the game is sublime) - if memory serves correctly wasn't there at some point a wip of T2K for GP2X and Pandora.

Does anyone know if it's still happening?, this should look and play beautifully on Pandora.

There is a port floating about somewhere, I doubt it would run without issues now.

Firefox did the port, maybe PM him for it? He is still around.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
miseryguts1969 said:

There is a port floating about somewhere, I doubt it would run without issues now.

Firefox did the port, maybe PM him for it? He is still around.

I pmed him a couple of weeks ago and he never responded. (Although it says he read it. <_<)

-God Ginrai

I was in contact with Firefox when I got my Pandora about a month back. Here's what he had to say:
"'Fraid I haven't done any Pandora-related stuff for nearly two years now, and don't have a dev environment set up anymore or any binaries knocking about. (In fact, I was going to set up my Pandora prototype the other week, but the battery seems to have disappeared and the early prototypes like mine don't work powered by the charger.)

Sorry to disappoint... I'll be sure to drop you a line if I take up Pandora development again."

^Would be nice if he would pass the prototype onto another dev who is ready to actually use it.

Yeah was just thinking that, surely it was sent out in the general meaning he would code some software to help sell more units? Surprised he hasn't been asked to return it then...

jaycee900 said:
Yeah was just thinking that, surely it was sent out in the general meaning he would code some software to help sell more units? Surprised he hasn't been asked to return it then...

Yes! Craigix please ask firefox to return the dev unit so someone else can make good use of it! Maybe he would release the source code so someone else can finish it and get it released.

That about sums up what happened to 80% of the dev units we built and sent out to people.

Thankfully the 20% were amazing.

+1 on the NEEDING to have Jaguar emulation for Tempest 2000 on Pandora. Hope the port gets completed somehow :).

craigix said:
That about sums up what happened to 80% of the dev units we built and sent out to people.

Are you saying 80% of the devs gave up on Pandora?

TylerAW said:
craigix said:

Are you saying 80% of the devs gave up on Pandora?
I take him to mean that 80% of the people that initially expressed enough interest to get a dev unit weren't as dedicated or reliable was expected.

tyke said:
I was in contact with Firefox when I got my Pandora about a month back. Here's what he had to say:
"'Fraid I haven't done any Pandora-related stuff for nearly two years now, and don't have a dev environment set up anymore or any binaries knocking about. (In fact, I was going to set up my Pandora prototype the other week, but the battery seems to have disappeared and the early prototypes like mine don't work powered by the charger.)

Sorry to disappoint... I'll be sure to drop you a line if I take up Pandora development again."
What a shame portable t2k was one of the main reasons that I bought a pandora - maybe if another dev was willing to pick this up he would be willing to share his source? Failing that someone could perhaps approach Dio (who wrote this version of the emulator)

torpor said:
I'll do the port if someone points me towards the source ..
Sadly I dont think that the emulator is open source but that the guy who wrote it Dio allowed Firefox to port it for the Pandora

Actually on second looks it may be that the author is willing for others to port it?

Else, maybe virtualjaguar might be worth a look?

http://www.icculus.org/virtualjaguar/

Back