Ive Got The Most Brilliant Idea Ever

DaMummy said:
how about we instead invest to help op team pay for a better non-chinese molding factory, i know of 3 of them in my city alone, and my dad works at one of them....
How were you planning on raising the several hundred thousand dollars it would take?

Last edited by a moderator:
chris_r said:
That would help nothing, manufacturing isn't going to speed up just because the person who's ordering the parts is now in the country. What do you think they'd achieve by that.
Also, has anyone actually asked Michael if he even wants to go to China? I'm going to take a wild guess and say the answer is probably no.

Well, for one thing, there wouldn't be a week delay between completion of, and review of each "final" prototype of the case.

We SHOULD probably ask him before buying him a ticket, though. :D

I would chip in a few bucks.

chris_r said:
Also, has anyone actually asked Michael if he even wants to go to China? I'm going to take a wild guess and say the answer is probably no.

MWeston said:
SONY said:
Michael, why don't you go over to China and start puching heads in?
First, I don't speak Chinese. I'm pretty sure the international language is love and not face smashing. What a pity ;)

Second, I can't afford it and I don't think it will help. Fatih has better access and capabilities to travel there, but he now has a liaison to deal with this company for us and that is where we are at right now. They take my detailed reports and pictures and get it communicated to this company. I hope we get some real answers on Monday.

I don't know where you people work, but where I work, any time the customer arrives on site you can count on at least half a day's productivity lost.

On the plus side, if there's a customer in the office, you can count on the Boss to pay for lunch. From the the good take out place, no less.

Just tell me where the Chinese factory is (Google Maps link please) and I'll send in my Ninja team.

Mithrildor said:
We all donate so we can send MWWeston/Fatih to china with a chinese translator.

OK I don't know how many times I have to say this: There is no way that the OP have the address of the ACTUAL factory in China. If they have anything they'll have some kind of correspondence address. There's also no way they will ever GET the address of the factory. Attempts to do so will probably result in the factory just ignoring OP all together and leaving them without a case at all.

Besides which, I already sent them money: £200. About 14 months ago.

Back