I've Been A "gp32er" For 2 Yrs Now...

Gorillazero

I've been a "Gp32er" for 2 yrs now. I've sold the thing, and bought another one, then sold it again. The system honesly needs better mainstream games. I've seen korean games, most of them are very well done. Were the hell are these "good" developers. I'd gladly buy a new "blu" system, if there was more of a mainstream developing. Emu's are fine but for only so long (A+++ to Emu creators, dun think I'm knocking you), but.... wow.

-Matt (sry me bitching)

the 'good developer' are off making games for a system that might make them some money (with the exeption of the ngage)

the commercial gp32 scene sucks, and it always will, but who needs it anyway.

on an emu i can play 100s of commercial quality games.

I dont need anymore than that.

i dont think it's very appealing to a "big" company to start developing for a "small" system like the GP32 ;)

hm, maybe the euro-launch will surprise us. if you really can buy the gp32 in local tech-stores, like mediamarkt (fe. in spain), it will get a bigger commercial scene.
personally, i don't need commercial games, but if there will be some good/new games, maybe i buy them....

I've been a "Gp32er" for 2 yrs now. I've sold the thing, and bought another one, then sold it again. The system honesly needs better mainstream games. I've seen korean games, most of them are very well done. Were the hell are these "good" developers. I'd gladly buy a new "blu" system, if there was more of a mainstream developing. Emu's are fine but for only so long (A+++ to Emu creators, dun think I'm knocking you), but.... wow.

-Matt (sry me bitching)
That is what the GBA is for (commercial games) ;) The GP32 is a homebrew/hobbiest system mostly and probably always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, it just *wont* sell in Europe if Gamepark don't get a move on and get more of the developers to finish/distribute their titles.
Emulators are all well and good, but they *dont* sell a system like commercial games stacked on shelves next to the boxed console in a shop do.

Just for example, how many of us bought a GP32 when they first came out because of the way Astonishia Story R looked? Or for the list of other titles that were supposedly going to become available (SFZ, Rockman, GG etc..)?

Commercial games and big titles sell a system.

Just for example, how many of us bought a GP32 when they first came out because of the way Astonishia Story R looked? Or for the list of other titles that were supposedly going to become available (SFZ, Rockman, GG etc..)?

I bought it for it's emulation of old consoles. Period.

wow guys nice posts. I think I'll probably buy a Blu for the Emu again, since I'll probably be spending a lot of time working (Marine Corps.). How well is the OpenSnes emu doing? 0.5 i think i heard somewhere...

-Matt

Back