It's Hit The Bigsites... Now We Wait!

Zoppe said:
cool. did digg help this?
Probably not. I helped it though - I've been keeping Engadget updated on the recent major Pandora updates - most notably Notaz getting Ubuntu and Firefox running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to update this thread (since it's the most recent one)

For those who don't already know: The pandora made both the digg and slashdot frontpage

Yeah. Slashdot, digg, and some german news sites manages to single handedly nuke everything pandora related. I was like "let's check on gp32x! ...down. The openpandora site? down... the german site?! down... uhhh... what am I going to do now?"

Oh cmon guys, there was still pdroms.de, emuholic.com, gp32spain.com (I know, spanish but if you wanna see any new gp32 releases you better atleast learn how to read spanish) and dcemu.co.uk for news, not to mention the usual irc channels... somehow freesci got 75 downloads with just that ;)

Pandora is just about everywhere :)

Some of the main Spanish sites also talk about it, we've been preparing a news post for some of them, and correcting errors for others ( like correcting someone that was saying that Pandora was from GPH lol ) :D

A few sites were still up, but the majority of the ones I visit were goners. I must admit though, it was somewhat thrilling to watch this forum gradually slow down from so much use before suddenly becoming inaccessible. :)

You know that feeling you get when you've listened to an obscure band for X number of years... and suddenly they've got a couple top 40 hits and heavy MTV video rotation? Yeah, it was kind of like that, for me anyway. :lol:

did this made the servers go down or something? i think i was like 5 days without accessing the forum, i wouldn't open. i almosted dieeeeees :p

Zoppe said:
did this made the servers go down or something? i think i was like 5 days without accessing the forum, i wouldn't open. i almosted dieeeeees :p
Most of us held out over on the temporary/new forums at openpandora.org.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they transport the posts from the temporary forums over here, and then delete them. I really don't want to end up with a split community. :(

Back