itch.io

Yeah, found it using the tool posted by @ElPoco. Given how tall that page on the itch.io site is, it's surprising to me that it's not just showing everything.
Since they added four or five batches since the initial sale by now, someone made a spreadsheet you can download and use filters on:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cbOqO6rq0YYWPKmci8Pgv4YGWcl4NQUX9EAj221Ze30/htmlview?pru=AAABcsaYkDw*Vk8T6lrr3g-jTqqcS4y0cQ#

Download and filter by batch number via LibreOffice or whatever.

Just some comments on games out of there that I have finished (except Super Hexagon) for those who think that there's only shovelware in there:

On Rusty Trails - I finished the GOG version. It's a great puzzle platformer with the "two worlds" mechanic and I highly recommend it, it gets overlooked too often, I highly recommend playing it with a game-pad.

Pyre - I have it on GOG. It's from Supergiant Games, the makers of Bastion and Transistor. Game-play isn't their strong point and that game shows that excessively. It's a genre mix of Visual Novel and Basketball with a fantasy theme. The music and art in general are great, the dialogues bored me after a while and the game-play is pretty hard and annoying if you don't reduce the difficulty but if you do it's no challenge anymore at all.

Pikuniku - It's a quite short and very easy adventure platformer and imho perfect for kids. I liked it.

Minit - It looks like Zelda but is really something very different. You have 60 seconds before you die and get respawned at the house and in that time you have to get items that permanently get transfered to your house as well as get other respawn points and clear pathways and shortcuts. It's naturally very hectic but what annoyed me more was that many things are rather unintuitive which is a mean combination with the very short time limit before you die. It really wasn't fun.

Dreaming Sarah - If you like weird cute looking horror/psycho games like "Eversion" this is for you. Imho it's a good adventure and I recommend it.

Super Hexagon - This is something I could see being successful in an 80s arcade, but for me it's just way too hard. Still nice to have in itch too. It has been ported to about everything in the last years, including the OpenPandora, on which I played it back then.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch - It's hands down the funniest game I have ever played, it's pure comedy and actually made me laugh several times and the game-play is fun. I can't recommend that enough.

Anodyne - This one was a pleasant surprise, it's a bit like Zelda if you had a broom instead of actual weapons. I've found nearly all of the stuff you can before beating the final boss, the very last phase of the final boss was terrible btw and ruined the whole fight.
There's a bunch of post-game stuff you can collect by using the last broom upgrade to glitch out of bounds in several places, but I only got a few and then stopped, because you can glitch through many walls and I didn't care for trying them all.
Overall a good game that took me about 5h including some post game stuff.

A Short Hike - That was absolutely beautiful. 10/10 from me.
I played it without the pixelation filter in order to see farther and recommend it that way.
It's probably the best exploration game I have played so far and I even found everything but one golden feather and the watch without looking at a walkthrough. Would have gotten that later anyway since nothing is absurdly well hidden, yet you still have to explore a bit.

I went ahead and got the bundle, my first purchase in nearly four years from itch. Their desktop app won't install for me though. At least it was for a good cause.

Reactions: rSl
Well, after resting a few hours and trying again, the desktop app installed for me.

I noticed the DragonRuby game engine is in this bundle. Any thoughts on that? They hype it by saying it's by the creator of SDL, which is used in nearly every game engine in the world. Why wouldn't I just use SDL then? Because C and C++ suck?

Are you implying that itch.io has a client as well now?
Yeah, they've had it for years. They advertise it on the front page of their site. Null even mentioned it earlier.

Yeah, they've had it for years. They advertise it on the front page of their site. Null even mentioned it earlier.

Huh, interesting, I never needed any thanks to the DRM-free downloads which are also why I'm there in the first place, but I'll check it out, hopefully it has matchmaking for all those small indie multi-player games.

Meh, I can't download the Windows version of a game that has a (broken) Linux port with that installer and have to use the browser for that.

I noticed the DragonRuby game engine is in this bundle. Any thoughts on that? They hype it by saying it's by the creator of SDL, which is used in nearly every game engine in the world. Why wouldn't I just use SDL then? Because C and C++ suck?

SDL is written in C i believe, but it's not a game editor IDE (e.g., like Godot). you still code the game in C or C++.

keep-calm-and-improvise.png

Back