It happens only once in a lifetime.

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
Got my first Pandora !!!

Used it quickly : IT TOTALLY ROCKS ! IT TOTALLY ROCKS ! IT TOTALLY ROCKS !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now it's sleeping, fast charging to 100%

More to come in another thread.

No. Just that the more people here saying they have their Pandora the fewer of the old trolls we see, the last of them seem to be moving to troll other devices elsewhere (I wonder where?).

Thank you all dudes !!!

You Craigix, EvilDragon, Fatih, MWeston and others i don't know !!!

Battery @ 75%

Didn't resisted to the ZaxxonHF5RC1 firmware...

Back to sleep to 100% after.

I promise ^_^

No. Just that the more people here saying they have their Pandora the fewer of the old trolls we see, the last of them seem to be moving to troll other devices elsewhere (I wonder where?).
I hope they went to go troll Sony products. . .

Gratz man!

You are a stronger man than I, I was not able to help playing the Pandora quite a bit before charging it.

It came with extimated 60% charge, I drained it to about 20% before it got so late I was able to put it down. :p

Just in:

Craigix is missing trolls and is concerned as to their whereabouts. Do not approach the trolls as they have been known to be abusive when cornered. If you have any information about said trolls, please contact OPL.

*duck*

More of this! Notice the trolls dying away now :) Good times!
Are you implying that Linux-SWAT was a troll?
No, he was meaning that now that we have Pandora's shipping out at a good speed and people are receiving their units that there will be less trolls saying it's fake or dumb. (I feel like that was an improper sentence, oh well)

'Fewer' trolls would have made it correct.

Actually... can we really count trolls?

Fascinating. Less or fewer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I'd say less. If I swap out the word trolls for people. I usually say "less people", rather than "fewer people".

However, fewer sounds more accurate, and if I swap out the word trolls for cockroaches, then I'd probably say fewer "fewer Cockroaches".

As far as "counting" them, remember, for every one you see there can be many, many more hiding and multiplying behind your boards.

Personally I'd say less. If I swap out the word trolls for people. I usually say "less people", rather than "fewer people".

It's fewer people (you can count people). Less is used for something you can't count, like a liquid (less water).

However, due to their nature trolls are difficult to count.

Right.

My understanding of the policy is (as you said):

Use fewer with objects that can be counted one-by-one.

Use less with qualities or quantities that cannot be individually counted.

That said, I hear less used in conjunction with "people" frequently enough that I have adopted it as part of my speech.

I just wanted to make a joke about trolls and cockroaches. :p

I never got less or fewer. Everything can be counted by measuring it. How about talking about water molecules? Is it less or fewer? Yeah, science and language just don't mix well.

My little brother is a English major and no one likes talking to him because he constantly corrects people on every little thing they say wrong. The only people he gets along with are other English majors. Not really but he drives everyone a little bit nuts when he's on one of his 'purify the English language' kicks. That's pretty much daily though. . .

It's the curse of knowing. I'm a total pedant. I didn't used to be.

Usually with less vs. fewer it's if it can be counted within reason. You would still say 'less sand' because there is no simple way to count the grains.

Don't get me started on the '10 items or less' signs...

I never got less or fewer. Everything can be counted by measuring it. How about talking about water molecules? Is it less or fewer? Yeah, science and language just don't mix well.

My little brother is a English major and no one likes talking to him because he constantly corrects people on every little thing they say wrong. The only people he gets along with are other English majors. Not really but he drives everyone a little bit nuts when he's on his 'purify the English language' kicks.

Everything can be counted by measuring it, the distiction comes if you are measuring it in units of 1, or units of something else.

If you are talking about individual molecules of water, you would say fewer, because you can say "I have 5 molecules of water"

If you are talking about water in general, there is no default unit of one, you cannot have "five water"

If you can have a specific number of something, you typically say fewer, otherwise you say less.

My little brother is a English major and no one likes talking to him because he constantly corrects people on every little thing they say wrong. The only people he gets along with are other English majors. Not really but he drives everyone a little bit nuts when he's on his 'purify the English language' kicks.

Everything can be counted by measuring it, the distiction comes if you are measuring it in units of 1, or units of something else.

If you are talking about individual molecules of water, you would say fewer, because you can say "I have 5 molecules of water"

If you are talking about water in general, there is no default unit of one, you cannot have "five water"

If you can have a specific number of something, you typically say fewer, otherwise you say less.
I guess that makes sense but I still hate language for all its stupid rules. Since science has advanced so much we should create a new metric language that is logical and doesn't have any stupid rules to memorize. The UN did create a language like this but the Japanese were the only ones that bothered to learn it.

If you can give a specific value, you use fewer: "There are 5 cups of water fewer after we spilled some." If there's just a vague not-as-much-as-there-was-before, you use less: "There is less sand now than there was before."

edit: :ph34r:

I guess that makes sense but I still hate language for all its stupid rules. Since science has advanced so much we should create a new metric language that is logical and doesn't have any stupid rules to memorize. The UN did create a language like this but the Japanese were the only ones that bothered to learn it.

I hear you, don't get me started on spelling in english. Its unfathomably terrible compared to most languages. I wish we handled spelling and "importing" foreign words like they did in spanish.

Out of curiosity, what was the language you are talking bout?

Back