Is there anyway to turn off all passwords?

HalfLife1Forever

Still Fresh
Is it possible to turn off all passwords? Today when I tried to connect to the internet with my Pandora it asked for my password. I'm afraid that maybe someday I'll forget the password and not be able to use some features or not be able to use this at all. I have it set to remember users but it still sometimes asks for the password. Any help?

Is it possible to turn off all passwords? Today when I tried to connect to the internet with my Pandora it asked for my password. I'm afraid that maybe someday I'll forget the password and not be able to use some features or not be able to use this at all. I have it set to remember users but it still sometimes asks for the password. Any help?

Do you mean a Wifi password, or a keychain password?

If you mean WiFi; the pandora should remember the password after you first enter it, you could also run unsecured (don't recommend it) just change the settings on the browser config page (192.168.1.1 or similar, check your router user manual)

If you mean the keychain password; I have never entered one. Whenever it asks me to put it in, I leave the field blank hit enter and it prompts me asking if I want unsafe storage. I never get prompted for a password after that unless I want to run certain programs that require root. Then I use my user password which is just 0. Easy to remember, I don't have any sensitive files on the device.

I believe the keychain password encrypts the other passwords so no one with physical access to the machine can just take them.

I don't know if there is an easier way but to be asked again you can just re-flash the firmware and then it will re-prompt you to enter a keychain password, which you can then leave blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back