Is there a 3DO emulator for OP?

Not really.

Also there is no complete opensource emu for it.

my buddy used to have a 3do think it was like 1500usd back in 1994 it had some really nice games for it used to play road rash for days on it forget alot of the titles he had

I played the hell out of the Wing Command III on the 3DO, but I believe I saw a video of the PC version running on the Pandora with qemu..

Not really.

Also there is no complete opensource emu for it.

There is one. See my previous topic on the subject a few weeks ago. BUt it's heavily Windows-reliant.

What does the 3DO have which can't be played on another system? Is there a killer app?

It has the best version of Road Rash (exists on other systems but it's the best on 3DO), Return Fire, Need for Speed (the first one ever). The 3DO has many decent games, and I prefer the 3DO version of Wing COmmander III to the PS1 one.

Need for speed on Playstation, though it came a couple of years later, is pretty much identical, and has extra tracks. I enjoy Road Rash on it, but for my taste the Playstation sequels feel a little more responsive. You have to have Road Rash if you have a 3DO though, it was a show stopper in it's day.

Return Fire is pretty good.

3DO suffered a lot of CD-I style 'edutainment' crud and FMV heavy dross, which seemed great at the time but haven't aged well. On the plus side, if stuff of legend like 'Night Trap' on Sega CD floats your boat, the FMV on the 3DO versions is much better ;)

The Wolf3D port for the 3DO was much better than the PC Version.

I don't know back in the day the choice of playing it on a blurry TV vs a PC with a sharper looking VGA monitor.. I'd take the DOS version. Although the 3DO didn't come out until 2 years after wolf 3D was out..I was fully into DOOM by them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back