Is Neogp32 Still Being Worked On?

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Is NeoGP32 still being worked...
It seems to be a pretty promising emu.
I want to play Faselei! with saves as the first
couple of levels get kinda boring after 20 times :lol: .

Anyway does anybody know?

i believe thunderz is currently helping out with the gpadv project.

check out his interview for a more definitive answer though, afaik the emu will be released as a final version at some point, what this will be remains entirely his decision though!

diablo2 posted on Dec 10 2004 at 04:55 AM said:
also rlyeh is going to make a ngpc emulator

He must be super busy, judging by the utter lack of posts at the retrodev forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that'd be sweet if this emu comes out. I have an NGPC... always did like it though there werent' very many good games for it IMO. Of course, having it on a lit BLU would rock since the NGPC never came lit :)

I've an old personal version with sound and some gfx trick but dunno if i'll continue working on it.

I'm actually working for Int13 : www.int13.net

And we now support GP32 plateform in the engine we use for game.

So actually NeoGP32 is PAUSED.
Maybe i'll redo a complete version with all option (sound + perfect gfx).

ThunderZ posted on Dec 10 2004 at 03:59 PM said:

Oh yeah, I remember Int13 from a while back. How's that going? Do you think we'll see a release any time soon? The deluxe arcade pack looks great!

Personnatly i'm working on an other project for Int13. :)

Normally the Arcade Pack is on the way.
It's really fun to play with. ;)
It's design to be multiplatforme. :)

Great Fun on GP32 to play Arcade Pack!!!! :)

Well i've a job for eat and i code for fun. :)

Coding is great and i love that.

ThunderZ posted on Dec 10 2004 at 03:59 PM said:
I've an old personal version with sound and some gfx trick but dunno if i'll continue working on it.

So actually NeoGP32 is PAUSED.
Maybe i'll redo a complete version with all option (sound + perfect gfx).

DROOL...................................................

You know, as someone who owns 3 NGPC's and a bunch of NGPC games, I would pay for a fully completed full speed NGPC emu on GP32. Seriously. Just do a paypal account like some other devs have done.

that equals a million years
fzx is almost done
but then he works on fmame
and that is going to take a while
then i think he is going to work on fngpc

Ya :)

Arcarde Pack it's an pack of 4 great classic game remake with some new trick on it. ;)

For the futur production the goal is to make all our production multiplaforme. :)
So GP32 will be support too if people have an interest on it. :)

Personnatly i dev my production under that way to add more game to the gp32 . ;)

c0ncept posted on Dec 13 2004 at 06:15 AM said:
So GP32 will be support too if people have an interest on it.  :)

:lol:

I think you'll find it difficult to find anyone that DOESN'T have an interest!!

and even more difficult to find someone willing to pay using paypal... <_<

I feel I need to add another reply before I get flamed to fuck.

it's a classic arcade remake pack (with tweaks)

it's to be (among other platforms) for GP32

it's a commercial title (i.e. not given away free)

GP32 owners *aren't* used to paying for their games- there are three tiers of original games for gamepark:-

Tier 1: commercial professional games (i.e. Tomak, Dungeon and Guarder, Little Wizard) these games are rare, are often available boxed and preloaded onto SMCs , and, while having relatively high production values, they often disappoint. these games cost money. they rarely have GP32-playable demos. Often, the 'commercial professional' games aren't intended to be translated to a european language.

Tier 2: commercial independent games (GloopDX, Pinball Dreams (that I can think of) so far) these may be: games, maybe produced by a team, maybe by one person, that are *so* substantially higher quality than the homebrew games, that they are worth paying for. in the case of GloopDX and Pinball Dreams, there are demos. distribution is usually online, via download.

Tier 3: Independent (homebrew) games (the majority of GP32 software). These games are often produced by one person only. occasionally there is a coder, a soundman, a graphic artist, etc... These games are produced for non-profit reasons, and are given freely. they can be downloaded, distributed on disc, whatever.

(I do not make any judgement on what are the 'best games' by the three-tier classification system... it's often said that 'pinball dreams' is among the best GP32 software out there, and that also a lot of the 'professional commercial' software is among the worst. everyone has their own opinions on the freeware homebrew software, and certainly 'Lacuna' and 'Beats of Rage' stand proud as excellent examples of freeware games software for the GP32.)

now. I reckon the 'Arcade Pack' is intended to be a second-tier title: homebrew, but with the resources and the polish that it's worth paying for.

erm... please don't make us go through the 'paypal' 'online registering' bullshit. PLEASE?

GloopDX didn't sell very well... so I heard...

This is an international market, so I don't know how this would work in non-UK-countries, but one payment method I KNOW would work with me is a premium-rate-number.

no paypal signing-up...

no awkward online registration...

just a single .FXE binary download, demo mode as default... unlockable with the code you hear after 3 minutes of listening to 0898-15134-16177 (or whatever)

***that means the money gets quickly and conveniently taken out of the telephone bill, rather than having to mess about with online payment services.***

people paying the phone-bill say 'what the hell' ... kids tell their parents they'll give them the money...

people on gp32x.de won't give out the password (although I'm sure there will be technical ways to prevent password-sharing also.)

I guess what I'm saying Is I'll pay for it, if it's a decent price, and it doesn't involve paypal.

all the rest is padding. (but well-thought-out-padding, nonetheless... unless I'm just talking a load of pompous crap again...)

edited: removed caps for pea, and reworded bits to try and clarify.

Back