Is My Wiz "bricked"?

itscurbe

Still Fresh
When I try to access my files in my wiz, every directory is completely blank (I had tons of emulators and stuff about two hours ago). Also, I can't connect it to my computer. Does this mean that it is "bricked"? If so, I'm pissed. I got this thing yesterday.

thanks

Nevermind everybody, I just saw another post where someone had the same problem. I am now looking for instructions on how to install the wiz firmware on an SD card. I'll probably find it soon.....

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,488 that should help

I think your NAND filesystem is corrupt, but not bricked. When you bricked the console, you can't see the orange boot screen, and you only see a black screen. Can be that you selected NAND instead SD in the file browser and you can't see the files in the SD. For your words I know that you install software directly in the internal memory. This is very risky, you must use a SD card, because the NAND memory can corrupt and is irreplaceable. You must to leave space for the firmware files too.

I recommend reinstall the same firmware version you have now. But you must follow all the steps, with the battery full and using a working SD card.

Back