GP2X Is My Demo.gpe Working Fine?

techFreak

Website
Visit site
I've set up dev enviroment and compiled demo file. I got a gpe to run on my Gp2x. When I run the demo.gpe but onyl a bmp file being displayed "EMUHOLIC logo" and nothing else. I can't quit the application or didn't see anything moving around. I suspect if i did something wrong while compiling file?

I'd appreciate if you can help...

Thanks!

This confused me as well, I reckon someone in the know should really write a better demo. Something other than a static screen would be nice, just to prove to us newbies that it's actually working properly.

I havn't tried that demo yet but I suspect that you should launch it with a script if you want it to return to the main menu (otherwise when the program exits, it will freeze and just show the last frame that the program rendered). See the gpe script that is included with my demo.

Try my demo gp2x-test. It cycles through some colors then exits automatically.

In my build environment I just type "make -f Makefile.gp2x" to build for the GP2X and "make" to build under Linux. Copy the "gp2x-test" binary and the "gp2x-test.gpe" launch script to the GP2X then launch using the games utility. The libraries are statically linked so you do not need to download those.

I will be improving my test program a little tonite to include with timbobsteve's SDK.

--Jeff

Back